Nepal Water for Health (NEWAH) is a national level non-governmental organization (NGO) that specializes in WASH (drinking water, sanitation and hygiene promotion). Established in 1992, it has been working actively to provide basic water and sanitation related services to poor communities; and in strengthening the capacity of local communities in sustaining these services and further utilize their potential to undertake other development initiatives as per their need. NEWAH operates in selective Rural/Urban Municipalities of Nepal through its two provincial offices located in Sindhuli, Bagmati Province and Baglung, Gandaki Province of the country with the support of over 100 professional staff.
NEWAH invites applications from Nepali eligible citizens for the following position
Position: Administrative Assistant
Summary of Position
To support and manage the day-to-day administrative works of the organization.
Reports to the Admin Officer
Support to the Admin Supervisor (as per need)
- Assisting Admin Officer/Admin Supervisor in all aspects of his work including drafting & typing correspondence letters in both Nepali and English.
- Arranging appointments as required’
- Registering incoming & dispatching outgoing correspondence.
- Overseeing the filing of related office correspondence.
- Keeping staff attendance book & movement board up to date & ensuring that field trip records are produced.
- Letters registration and chalani
- Ensuring adequate supplies are kept (e.g. standard document forms)
- Requesting quotation for materials as specified’
- Ordering & ensuring adequate supplies of office stationary, equipment, furniture’s, & printing materials.
- Updating office computer files and keeping them systematic.
- Maintaining office notice board.
- To manage logistical arrangements for training/ seminar/ workshop etc.
- To ensure that all Admin. Rules & regulations followed by staff.
- Keeping the library records up to date & maintaining the library lending system.
- Store keeping for project materials, book keeping for material stocks & material Supply and receiving to / from project site & HQ.
- Store keeping for office stationary and office equipment.
- To ensure that blue books of office vehicles are renewed in time.
- To ensure that vehicles policy are properly followed.
- As assigned by line manager and Admin Staffs.
- Office based with occasional visits to the field for familiarization purposes.
- Certificate level/10+2 passed in commerce/management from a recognized institution and one years’ work experience in a related work (office administration).
- Able to demonstrate the use of own initiative in previous position.
- Good communication skills in both English and Nepali (both written & verbal)
- Must have skill & experience of computer application (Microsoft word / excel)
- Computer typing in English and Nepali.
For detailed JD of above positions please download from http://newah.org.np/notice. Interested and qualified candidates are requested to apply with an updated CV, a cover letter, recent passport size photo, current contact address and telephone number. All electronic application must be submitted to both of the NEWAH office email address [email protected] and [email protected] not later than 5.00 pm, 27 July 2021