Nick Simons Institute (NSI)
Nick Simons Institute (NSI) is an organization with a mission to innovate solutions in rural healthcare- through training, hospital support and advocating for healthcare workers with the government of Nepal since its establishment in 2006. NSI’s main spheres of work has been to provide appropriate Trainings to the rural healthcare workers, Hospital Support Program (HSP) and Research, Advocacy and Monitoring (RAM) towards enhancing rural healthcare.
Under the Training program NSI facilities training of those healthcare cadres most likely to have impact in rural institution through different 22 training sites. Likewise, Curative Service Support Program (CSSP) under the HSP is being implemented into 48 different level hospitals across the country whereas HSP is implemented into 97 different level hospitals. RAM targets changes in government policy including incorporation of NSI’s programs.
Furthermore, NSI has been the solo counterpart of Nick Simons Foundation International (NSFI), NY USA and jointly works in the programs related to strengthen the skills of healthcare workers, improve health services available to remote and rural communities, and improve the operation of district-level hospitals, primary health centers and health posts in rural area. As the programs grow, to have smooth operation of its daily activities NSI is looking for the suitable Nepalese citizens the following positions in its center office in Lalitpur.
Position: Training Manager (1)
1) Lead the training team and represent then at NSI leadership level.
2) Lead development of NSI partner hospitals as quality training sites.
3) Support NSI partner training sites through follow-up and quality assurance.
4) Facilitate development of learning resource packages.
5) Represent NSI in liaison activities, such as committees and government consultation.
1) A leader, Motivator and encourager of staff and partners.
2) Mature and serious; earns the respect of various level of healthcare workers.
3) Creative: can think outside the box to find new solutions.
4) Good team player.
5) Patient to new concepts.
1) Bachelor’s degree in healthcare.
2) Extensive experience working in Nepal’s healthcare system.
3) Training and experience as a trainer.
4) Experience in higher management roles.
Position: Hospital Support Program (HSP) Officer (1)
1) To enhance district hospitals performance in NSI’s Hospital Support Program (HSP) network.
2) Include HSP components in the health system of MoHP.
3) Implement CSSP and HMSP components of Hospital Support Program (HSP) in assigned hospitals.
4) Facilitate linkage between the assigned Regional Health Directorate(s) and the HSP.
1) Motivator and encourager, A leader.
2) Mature and friendly: earns the respect of various levels of healthcare worker.
3) Creative and positive: can think outside the box to find new solutions.
4) Good team player.
5) Patient: for new concepts to develop and to tolerate the program’s hindrances.
6) Enjoys travel, even to difficult locations.
7) Proficient in basic financial calculations and record-keeping.
1) Bachelor’s degree in healthcare profession (incl. HC management)
2) Staff nurse or health assistant (BSc Nursing also acceptable)
3) Experience working in Nepal government health care institutions, preferable district hospital.
4) Experience in managing at program level, preferably in an NGO/INGO.
5) Sound knowledge and experience in HR management.
6) Frequent travel.
Position: Office Administrative Assistant (OAA) (1)
1) Ensure efficient front desk service and space management for visitors and staff.
2) Smooth operation of clerical service and oversee office vehicles movement.
3) Provide effective communication and clerical support to the corporate and staff.
4) Provide hospitality and administrative support to visitors and staff.
5) Supervise cleanness in the pantry and restrooms.
6) Provide orientation and supervision to interns.
1) Pleasant and friendly.
2) Very good language proficiency in English and Nepali.
3) Able to type both Nepali and English efficiently and accurately.
4) Good team player.
5) Takes initiatives.
6) Able to work under pressure.
7) Has ability to juggle several tasks.
8) Enthusiastic with NSI Mission & Values.
1) Course in secretarial skills.
2) Experience working as a Receptionist/Front Desk Management
3) Some experience on supervision of supporting staff members.
4) Bachelor’s in Business Management or Administrations would be added value.
Application Procedure: Qualified and interested candidates should apply with a covering letter mentioning the position you would like to apply with up-dated CV strictly maximum in 2 pages. Also, kindly mention TWO names most recent work for references. A completed application should be email to: [email protected].
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Closing date for receiving applications: 25 May 2022 by 5:00PM
Telephone enquiries are NOT entertained and will be disqualified automatically if identified.
Source: The Himalayan Times, 11 May, 2022