Position: Account and Admin Officer (AAO)
Location: Province 2, Nepal
Responsible for: Chair, N.L.R. Nepal
Accountable to: Technical Manager, PEP++ Research Project
Eligibility: Nepalese nationals only
NLR, as an INGO, has been active in Nepal, for the treatment and elimination of leprosy working closely with the government, ministry of health and population for more than 40 years. NLR is now in a transition process to be a national organisation from an international organisation with a vision of Leprosy Free Nepal.
NLR Nepal has been registered as a not-for-profit national organisation under Company Registration Act of Nepal in 2018. It is a member of the NLR Alliance led by NLR Netherlands. The other NLR Alliance members are NLR India, NLR Indonesia, NLR Brazil and NLR Mozambique. NLR Netherlands as a lead/chair is responsible for overall coordination, providing technical and financial support to leprosy and disability programmes in member countries including Nepal
NLR Nepal works closely with the government and non-government stakeholders and partners to eradicate leprosy from the country and to make all development initiatives inclusive to people affected by leprosy and disability. NLR Nepal consists of 20 staff members and is located at Sankhamul Marga, New Baneshwor Kathmandu with its field offices in Biratnagar and Dhangadhi covering two provinces: province one and Sudur Pashchim Pradesh.
NLR Nepal initiated SDR PEP/LPEP in Nepal from 2015 as a tool to prevent leprosy. PEP – post-exposure prophylaxis is preventive antibiotic treatment given after exposure to an infectious pathogen. PEP++, as an enhance way of SDR PEP/LPEP, is an enhanced regimen for post-exposure prophylaxis, To achieve SDG 3, a 90% reduction in the number of people requiring treatment for neglected tropical diseases [including leprosy], it is essential that the new case incidence is greatly reduced. PEP++ project is running in leprosy endemic three countries of the world, India, Indonesia, Brazil. NLR Nepal with close collaboration with NLR IO (International Office) and scientific committee of PEP++, is going to replicate this international research in three leprosy endemic districts, Dhanusha and Mahottari Province 2 in Nepal.
NLR Nepal aims to recruit a Finance officer in the PEP++ project to undertake overall accounting and financial responsibilities of the PEP++ project, coordinating with the Project Coordinator and Central finance team of NLR Nepal. Under overall guidance of Technical Manager and Project Coordinator, the Finance Officer will be responsible to ensure the operation financial system of the project is smooth and all good governance requirements are effectively fulfilled. The Finance Officer will provide additional responsibilities of providing needful support to Central Office (CO) in the areas identified as and when required.
Roles and responsibility:
1. Maintain books of account and ensure standard documentation of each of project’s transaction.
2. Carry out budget preparation and revision, monitoring, and analysis on a periodical basis.
3. Assist the external auditor during organization and project audit and follow up the auditor’s recommendation.
4. Undertake monitoring and provide necessary support to Central Office for the effective and efficient financial management of the project in the district, province and center;
5. Support procurement management process through development of annual procurement plan and maintaining documentation process;
6. Support for the management of project activities through timely release of funds, confirmation of accuracy of documentation and timely settlement of advance;
7. Manage assets register, carrying out physical verification of assets according to financial management rules and regulations and ensure accuracy of non- recurring items stock book;
8. Support in staff management including preparation and maintenance of personal file of each of project’s staff members and manage leave record accordingly;
9. Support for the preparation of periodic financial report and its presentation in the organization;
10. Support in the management of routine organizational financial task through verification of invoice payment and accuracy, and salary disbursal, etc as and when required;
11. Develop and maintain relationships with donors/partners, banks, vendors, line agencies, communities, organizational staff, central and district committee members in order to facilitate good financial management systems and practices.
12. Provide day-to-day project administrative support to Project Coordinator.
The Finance Officer will report directly to the Project Coordinator, Technical manager and central finance officer of NLR Nepal.
- Bachelor degree in Management/Commerce (preferences for Master’s degree) or equivalent and 3 years’ experience
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in Financial Management ideally in Health sector
- Understanding of GON rules and regulations, acts and policies regarding non-profit/social sector associations and good knowledge of non-profit sector financial management
- Able to use computer to run office application software packages
- A willingness to travel frequently to remote areas.
- Excellent written and spoken in English and Nepali.
- Good communication and negotiation skills, with an aptitude for external representation and networking.
Terms and conditions
Salary & conditions: Competitive, matched within the NLR Nepal grading system.
The applicant should send the latest resume with a covering letter stating the reason or motivation for applying to the job and how his/her skills and experiences best fit for this position. Include other documents that indicate the qualification requirements listed in the full job description. Please provide the names of three referees with their contract address and email address. Apply through published advertisement within the given deadline (15 days from the date of publishing: send email & attachments to: [email protected]) mentioned in the advertisement. The employer may go with several tests with mutual agreement on date, time and the process to be followed.
Note: Inhabitants of Dhanusha/Mahottari can only apply; persons affected by leprosy or family member of persons affected, person with disability or family member of persons with disability and female candidates will be given high priority.
Source: Janakpur Today, 1 September, 2021