“Applicable for Nepali Nationals only”
Duration: Fixed term contract till 31 March 2022 with possibility of extension
Location: Baitadi, Nepal
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
The Technical Coordinator will provide technical support and managerial oversight to the Oxfam’s GREEN (Gender Responsive Economic Empowerment in Nepal) project.
The incumbent will be overall responsible for project management including planning, budgeting, implementation support to partners, monitoring, evaluation and reporting of project activities. This position is also responsible for coordination and building good relations with different government and non- government stakeholders.
What we are looking for
The Technical Coordinator will require to be exceptional, dedicated, and highly motivated professional, with a strong commitment to Oxfam’s values and beliefs with the following qualification and competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in any discipline related to Agriculture or Natural Resource Management, Development Studies (Master’s Degree is preferred).
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience (3 years of experience for master’s degree or above) in managing, coordinating, or overseeing gender responsive economic empowerment programme.
- Sound technical knowledge/experience on mainstreaming gender and climate justice in development programmes.
- Knowledge and understanding of diversity, cultural and political sensitivities.
- Excellent report writing skills and interpersonal skills.
- Sound administrative and word-processing skills including use of computer program and internet.
- Flexibility to work within a dynamic and at times, unpredictable work environment with team and partners.
- Demonstrable communication, facilitation and representation skills in Nepali and English.
- Proven team leadership and proven track record in achieving great team performance and sound ability to work together with others and independently as required.
This role will provide you with an opportunity to make a difference in Oxfam by working closely with a group of passionate people that are specialists in their field of Gender, WASH and Water Governance, Resilience and Climate Justice and so forth along with the national and international training and development opportunities. Our offer consists of fair pay and competitive benefits package.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom Oxfam GB engages. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. Oxfam GB also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, click ‘apply for this role’ button below.
Application for the above position can be sent by 27 September 2021. If you would like to learn more about this role, please refer to job profile.
As part of your online application, please upload your up to date CV and a covering letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile. Your application will be shortlisted based on your CV.
Oxfam is a global community who believe poverty isn’t inevitable. It’s an injustice that can be overcome. We are shop volunteers, women’s right activists, marathon runners, aid workers, coffee farmers, street fundraisers, goat herders, policy experts, campaigners, water engineers and more. And we won’t stop until everyone can live life without poverty for good.
Oxfam GB is a member of international confederation of 21 organisations working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
In response to Covid-19 if you are offered a role where you are required to travel between countries please ensure you have been briefed by the Hiring Manager about any changes to working or precautions you should take as part of your role.