About the role
The purpose of this position is to provide support to Project Manager for the effective delivery of interventions under the project Developing a Community Centric Early Warning Protocol for Landslide Early Warning System (EWS) to build resilience of communities exposed to hydro-climatic hazards in Bagmati Province of Nepal.
- Supporting in coordination and influencing to achieve change objectives of the Project and to contribute to develop the capacity of partners and communities on the objective of the project.
- The Project Officer also supports ensuring quality delivery within the stipulated time of the project’s action plan.
- You have experience specifically in programme management related to climate change, DRR and EWS.
- You have experiences of working with local government in strategic planning and DRR and climate resilience action plans.
- You have good communication and presentation skills. You have willingness and enthusiasm to work in challenging and difficult situations and with vulnerable communities.
Why join us?
The opportunity to work for an organisation that is making a positive difference to the lives of people worldwide, a friendly and supportive culture, working with values driven and highly engaged colleagues, work life balance and flexible working – these are just some of the reasons we think Practical Action is a great place to work.
Practical Action is a change making organisation that works in unconventional ways. We put ingenious ideas to work so people in poverty can change their world.
We do things differently, so answers that start small can grow big – bringing people together in bold collaborations, using innovation and knowledge to build futures free from poverty and help shape a world that works better for everyone.
We treat all applications for employment fairly regardless of gender, race, religion, ethnicity, nationality, caste, tribe, belief, age, marital status, pregnancy, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, or disability.
Practical Action is committed to safeguarding and protecting children and vulnerable adults and as such candidates will be subject to pre-employment checks including criminal checks and terrorist financing.
To ensure that Practical Action meets its obligations of safer recruitment, appointment to posts within Practical Action will be subject to a satisfactory criminal check. Criminal checks will be conducted for all roles.
The successful applicant must already have the right to both live and work in Nepal and should be willing and able to travel.
Closing date for applications: 13 June 2023
Please submit a cover letter along with job application form to [email protected]
Date of expiry: 13 June 2023
Salary: Discussed with successful candidate
Location: Melamchi, Nepal
Employment status: TBC