RTI (www.rti.org) is an independent, non-profit organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. With a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and multidisciplinary services.
Position: Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Benchmarking Advisor \ Team Lead
The International Education Division is currently accepting applications for a full-time Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Benchmarking Advisor \ Team Lead (one position) to support the USAID-funded two-year project the Early Grade Reading Program (EGRP II), to support to improve early grade reading in Nepal. The program works closely with and supports the Government of Nepal’s design and implementation of a national education model that standardizes early grade reading in public schools. The position is based in Kathmandu.
The Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Benchmarking Advisor\ Team Lead is responsible for overseeing the MEL program’s system and providing overall technical leadership for MEL functions within the program, including early grade reading benchmarking, impact evaluation, indicator tracking and reporting, NARN and classroom based EGRA. In addition, he/she will be primary responsible for providing or facilitating technical support to ERO and other CLAs, as relevant, related to evaluation and assessment. The Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Benchmarking Advisor \ Team Lead is a Senior Management Team member and will also line manage two other MEL team members.
- Oversee the program’s MEL plan and indicator reporting approach and system and contribute to development and revision as needed of the annual workplan.
- Ensure timely, high-quality of implementation of the MEL-related activities in the annual work plan.
- Coordinate MEL-related technical assistance from RTI home office statisticians.
- Lead technical support to the Education Review Office (ERO) on National Assessment for Reading and Numeracy (NARN) reporting and dissemination.
- Lead technical support to the ERO and CDC on EGR benchmarking using in-depth analysis of EGRP impact evaluation data, NARN data and other large-scale learning assessments as relevant.
- Lead technical support on operations research design, implementation, and reporting for integrated curriculum and teacher professional support rollout and oversee hiring and management of operations research firms.
- Oversee implementation and reporting for the Activity’s learning evaluation using EGRA and an adaptation of CB-EGRA.
- Conduct process documentation of NARN, EGR benchmarking, and CB-EGRA related activities to ensure institutional memory.
- Provide technical support for the CB-EGRA item development at local level.
- Provide technical guidance and oversight on the development and rollout of LEU capacity development trainings in planning, budgeting, monitoring and reporting on education data.
- Oversee design, implementation, troubleshooting and reporting on an automated electronic system of indicator monitoring and reporting, including training quality monitoring, in coordination with other team leads to ensure the system is holistic and integrated.
- Provide leadership and supervision for the integration of a “learning” focus and a Gender Equality and Social Inclusion lens into MEL activities.
- Lead MEL plan revisions and reporting on indicators, including using DIS.
- Contribute to quarterly, annual and final reports, as well as other ad-hoc reporting as required.
- Coordinate the overall MEL team (Kathmandu-based and regionally based) and provide direct line management and mentoring to 2 Kathmandu-based team members.
- Represent the MEL team on the Senior Management Team.
- Provide technical support to the Regional MEL Coordinators in collaboration with the Regional Managers.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Master’s Degree in education, statistics, management or related field with 9 years of relevant experience in MEL; or bachelor’s degree in education, statistics, management or related field with 12 years of relevant experience in MEL.
- Demonstrated skills in quantitative analysis and reporting on learning assessment data using SPSS, STATA or similar data analysis software;
- Familiarity with early grade reading assessment and benchmarking preferred;
- Knowledge of impact evaluation design, sampling, item analysis, and reporting;
- Solid knowledge and understanding of software and database systems that are appropriate for MEL systems;
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring and reporting in a complex program/project;
- Significant experience in designing and delivering MEL training programs for central and field staff;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to lead a team;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and fluency in English and Nepali language;
- Self-motivated and able to work without close supervision;
- Able to prioritize work, multi-task and meet deadlines;
- Prior experience managing donor-funded education improvement programs, preferably USAID-funded;
- Excellent organization and planning skills; detail oriented.
To Apply: Qualified candidates are requested to send their application with CV to the Human Resources\Operations Manager, EGRP, PO Box 14417, Kathmandu or by e-mail to [email protected] by Sunday, May 16, 2021. Please clearly mark “Application for MEL and Benchmarking Advisor\Team Lead” as subject of the email. Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. RTI is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
Source: The Himalayan Times, 6 May, 2021