Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
Research Manager- SAHAJ project
Responsible for the management and coordination of internal and external research work across the SAHAJ consortium, research partner Emory University, and the donor and will ensure effective day-to-day implementation of evidence-based research methodology and data analysis for the project.
Skills, qualifications and experience required
Education and key experiences
- Master’s degree in relevant field (examples: gender studies, development studies, epidemiology, statistics); Proven experiences working in diverse multicultural team;
- 2-3 years’ experience in management of research studies from conceptualisation, design, project execution to publication and dissemination of research findings within principles and values of a feminist approach.
- Fluent oral and written language skills in Nepali and English.
- Excellent in Technical report writing
Experiences on research and assessment
- Proven knowledge on designing and executing baseline assessments, evaluations; research that respond to challenges and opportunities.
- Ability to translate ideas into practical action.
- Excellent knowledge on using participatory tools and techniques
Communication and Influencing Skills –
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to listen, analyse, present, consult, negotiate with confidence and obtain stakeholder engagement.
- Able to communicate findings and learnings effectively to wide range of stakeholders.
- Experience of remote and cross-cultural communication, demonstrating sensitivity to cultural and language differences.
Decision Making and planning
- Capacity for inquiry, research, logical and analytical thinking, powers of reasoning and critical analysis.
- Able to demonstrate sound judgment and a solution focused approach, solving unstructured issues in unfamiliar settings.
- Able to consider implications of professional value, ethics and attitudes to decision making.
- Able to plan, juggle complex multiple priorities within restricted resources.
- Ability to manage competing deadlines.
Information Technology Systems
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel in particularly
- Experience on the usage of information management systems e.g. SPSS, STRATA etc for data management and analysis
- Data analysis – quantitative and qualitative, using software (also depending on the project) and at least interpretation of research data
Travel requirement: Able to travel in project areas and spend time away from work- base location and home.
Commitment to VSO’s mission, values, People First principles and core approaches (Social Inclusion and Gender, Social Accountability, and Resilience).
VSO has zero tolerance of abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people. We expect all our employees/volunteers to ensure we protecting children, young people and vulnerable adults from harm and abide by our safeguarding policy.
Experience of working with volunteers.
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
How to apply
To know more about the role please click given link and download the job description. Once you’re ready to apply, click on ‘Apply Now’ and complete all relevant field in online application form. Application deadline is 12th May, 2019.