Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. ln Nepal and around the world, we give children a healthy start in life. the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. We do whatever it takes for children – every day and in times of crisis -transforming their lives and the future we share. Save the Children adheres Safeguarding Policy, including its Child Safeguarding and Global Anti-harassment Policy, with high importance and commits rigorous procedure to ensure all our personnel and programs are safe for children candidates will be therefore, subject to strict background checks.
Save the Children invites applications from the interested and eligible candidates (Nepali Citizens only) who are reliable, accountable, have the ability to deliver results with the highest level of integrity and who value diversity for the following position(s).
Position: MEAL Coordinator – Ending Discriminatory Gender Norms in Sponsorship Program – (2100038Y)
- Take lead in conducting situation analysis, as per requirements of project.
- Review project log-frame/result frameworks and provide technical inputs
- Support to develop and implement MEAL plan of project
- Ensure project has MEAL plan Baselines and Evaluations:
- Prepare Terms of Reference (ToR) for baseline, mid-term, final evaluation and operational research of project in close coordination with research coordinator in CO
- Support to design study including sampling frame, methodology and data collection tools
- Ensure and support to conduct annual indicator surveys of the projects periodically.
- Lead and support to carry out short assessment and survey in standard to assess the project quality
Monitoring and Reporting:
- Support project team in developing/ updating quality benchmarks
- Conduct periodic program monitoring visits against quality benchmarks and provide feedback to the program team
- Follow up with project team for implementing agreed actions plan developed after monitoring
- Provide technical support and guidance to program team in planning, monitoring and reporting
- Involve with project staff to collect case studies/success stories of different projects
- Provide technical guidance in conducting annual indicator surveys (including sampling, data analysis and reporting)
- Develop/review monitoring checklist and tool of project activities.
- Support to project team for quality reporting, documentation and case story collection.
- Review and provide inputs on developing OPMIS for project
- Develop and maintain sectoral database on beneficiary coverage (total reach) and share with team on a regular basis (Monthly, quarterly, annually)
- Review and do preliminary analysis of the data reported by districts and provide timely feedback to the district team as required.
- Support to develop research questionnaire, plan/design in close coordination with CO operational research coordinator
- Support to hire research consultant and assists research personnel in the implementation of research studies to ensure successful completion of study goals.
- Prepare and maintain all Institutional Review Board (IRB) and regulatory paperwork to comply with institutional regulatory requirements.
- Assist in the recruitment and relationship building of study subjects, arrange study visits and provide instructions to meet the goals of the study.
- Abstract or collects data from study subjects and enter information into the designated forms/database to comply with study protocols.
- Support external consultant to produce research findings and disseminate the results in appropriate forums for further use.
- Provide inputs in strengthening accountability mechanism in project
- Support to establish CFM system at district and PNGOs office.
- Provide regular support to project team in the areas of accountability, e.g. information sharing and feedback/ complaint mechanism
- Review monthly accountability report and coordinate with projects team to ensure feedback/complains are responding on timely manner
Evaluation and Learning:
- Coordinate to prepare Terms of Reference (ToR) for conducting mid-term and final evaluation of project
- Coordinate project evaluation and ensure evaluation reports are produced as per agreed standards (SCI quality criteria)
- Create learning sharing platform at project
- Identify learning agendas with coordination of program and field office team.
- Conduct action research in field based on learning agenda and research plan under project
Coordination, representation and others:
- Coordinate with line manager and other MEAL colleagues within filed office and program operation.
- Ensure PNGOs staff are familiar with SCI MEAL system
- Provide capacity building support to PNGO MEAL staff
- Provide MEAL support during emergency
Any other tasks given by line manager and project manager related to MEAL.
Qualifications and experience
- Master’s degree in Social Science, Information Technology, Statistics, Development Studies or M&E. with knowledge in research planning and design
- At least 3 years of working experiences in monitoring and evaluation and/or research experience preferably at INGOs. Experience of developing MIS with good report writing skill will be an added advantage.
- Strong knowledge in Monitoring and evaluation including project planning and design.
- Have experience of working closely with research institutions and have knowledge on research design and research methodology
- Higher degree of taking initiatives and has ability to work independently
- Strong leadership and managerial capability.
- Proactive and assertive
- Sound interpersonal skills with ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Proficiency in writing technical and programmatic reports that document program directions and results
- Partnership Management (both government and non-government) skills
- Ability to work in a stressful and changing environment with limited resources
- Interpersonal communication
- Program designing
- Reporting writing
- Analytical skill
Required No.(s): 1
Contract length: Fixed Term
Location: Based in Bardibas, Eastern Field Office (EFO)
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Closing Date: May 16, 2021
Source: Kantipur Dainik, 7 May, 2021