Save the Children
Sponsorship Officer – (2200079N)
Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In Nepal and around the world, we give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. We do whatever it takes for children – every day and in times of crisis – transforming their lives and future we share. Save the Children expects that anyone associated with it abides by its Safeguarding and other Zero Tolerance Policies.
The position holder will translate the letters from sponsors and children and support in fostering sponsor-child relationship through quality correspondence contributing to sponsor retention; carry out administrative tasks related to correspondence management and mass campaigns. S/he will support the Sponsorship Communication Coordinator in developing compelling communication assets to support acquisition and retention of sponsors.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Sponsors and child servicing:
- Effective translation of letters from sponsors and children (from English to Nepali and vice-versa) and ensuring all correspondence between sponsors and children meet agency’s standard.
- Gather information from partner’s staff for queries from sponsors and member countries.
- Respond to emails from sponsors received in the sponsorship account and acknowledge them as per the policy standard.
- Ensure the sponsor-child correspondence meet the Sponsorship Child Safeguarding Standards.
- Use ASISt (Sponsorship Information System) to input all data related to correspondence.
- Track the sponsors’ letters received in pouches from member countries.
- Follow-up on automated correspondence tracking system to ensure all the timelines are met.
Support in Sponsorship communication:
- Support Sponsorship Communications Coordinator in developing the quality Sponsorship materials for Sponsorship communications and marketing whenever required.
Others: Support in completing mass annual update campaigns on time.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in any relevant field.
- Minimum 3 year (*2 years for GSI group) of work experience in creative writing or any relevant field.
- Good command on effective translations in English and Nepali.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills in order to deal tactfully with wide range of people.
*GSI group includes Female, Dalit, Madhesi, People with Disabilities, and other indigenous/minorities
Required No.(s): 1 (Nepalese Citizen Only)
Contract length: Fixed Term
Location: Based in Country Office, Kathmandu
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Closing Date: Oct 1, 2022