Position: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (Advisor)
Location: Nepalgunj, Nepal
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: Full time for 15 months
Reports to: Chief of Party
Vacancy code: 2021-05
Background: The USAID-funded Swachchhata Project aims to contribute to Nepal’s Country Development Cooperation Strategy goal of a healthier and well-nourished population. With the overall purpose of improving community health status by improved integration of hygiene in health services, the project utilizes an integrated approach with a dual focus on (i) improving quality of health service delivery and (ii) improved hygiene behaviour in peripheral health facilities (health posts and primary healthcare centres). The Project is implemented jointly by SNV USA (d/b/a DevWorks International) and its partner PSI. The Project works in seven districts: in Rukum East in Lumbini Province and in Rukum West, Jajarkot, Salyan, Dolpa, Sukhet and Dailekh in Karnali Province.
Position Overview: The MEL Advisor will work closely with the Swachchhata team and provide technical advisory services working to institutionalize monitoring, evaluation and learning to promote hygiene and improve service delivery in health facilities and for communities.
- Implement the results-based MEL plan for the Swachchhata project with defined performance indicators as needed.
- Monitor progress in achieving targets and conduct data quality control.
- Lead reviews to regularly assess project progress, prepare semi-annual, annual progress and final project progress reports to USAID on project results.
- Stimulate learning and innovation among project staff, lead M&E capacity building activities to support and ensure accountability of applied research among technical sectors.
- Develop case studies, success stories and learning documents for
- Coordinate with PSI and a selected consultancy firm in conducting a Health Facility baseline assessment: finalize questionnaire, data collection methodology, conduct analysis of data and disseminate results.
- Conduct household survey of communities surrounding targeted HFs.
- Conduct annual HF assessment and analysis in meeting targets, synthesize results in a report and provide timely feedback to project staff
- Ensure that all relevant data are collected as per the Monitoring and Evaluation Plan, and that the data meets USAID quality standards.
- Ensure the overall quality of data of all surveys and process data
- Prepare annual work plan and its follow up
- Prepare tools and templates for data collection and for roll out to relevant district level staff
- Maintain regular working contact with the relevant Provincial Government, District (Public) Health Offices and Implementing Partner’s staff with visits to project sites to ensure data is collected properly
- Build the capacity of Swachchhata (SNV USA) & partner staff on data collection, monitoring, reporting and data analysis.
- Collaborate with the BCC and GESI Officer and ensure appropriate integration of BCC and GESI in Swachchhata project.
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief of Party.
- Master’s degree in a related field.
- 3-5 years of work experience in an equivalent position, especially in the Nepali context.
- Proven technical understanding and experience leading MEL, preferably on improving Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) in health facilities.
- Strong competency in Excel and Word, and monitoring and evaluation software.
- Ability to work in a team, coordinate tasks, and work with minimum supervision.
- Strong English and Nepali written and spoken skills.
- USAID experience an advantage.
SNV USA has adopted a new trade name and is doing business as DevWorks International. To apply, interested Nepalese nationals should submit a cover letter and CV by Wednesday, 23 June 2021 to: [email protected] stating Vacancy Code 2021-05 in the email subject line. Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.