Organization Name: Social Network for Justice & Development (SN-JD)
Project Name: COVID-19 Support Project- Nepal, Local Initative for Community Empowernment & Development (LICED)
Position: Admin and Finance Officer
Duty Station: Contact Office, Birtamode
Report to: Program Coordinator
“With the vision of Growing together for equitable Society” Social Network for Justice and Development (SN-JD), a community based organization network (CBO Federation) was established in 2008. SN-JD is dedicated toward empowering and uplifting the Disaster affected, marginalized, and vulnerable people who are social economically disadvantaged, with the partnership of Lutheran World Federation Nepal and Government of Nepal. SN-JD requires that everybody associated with it abide by its Child Protection Policy & Code of Conduct.
- Familiarize with human rights guaranteed by Nepal constitutions, laws and by laws and international legal instruments.
- Familiarize and work in accordance with the Vision, Mission, Values, Principles, and Objectives of SN-JD as Humanitarian and Development Organization
- Be free from the political influence of any parties and the political activities strictly abide by the SN-JD Code of Conduct, GESI Policy, Child Protection Policy, Complaint Response Mechanism etc.
- Support to lobby and advocacy with local governments; and humanitarian and development partners to include venerable communities in sectoral program, plan and policy provisions.
- Ensure that adequate financial controls and internal control are in place to maintain propriety and proper accountability of expenditures;
- Record the financial transactions and ensure that are authorized and have adequate supporting documentation, filled, maintained and can be easily extracted for the purpose of preparing financial statements; and financial audits
- Prepare financial reports and statement as per requirement of donor and management and submit to Program Coordinator
- Monitor budgets and expenditures and contribute to preparation of budget revision
- Timely and accurate recording of all financial transactions in line with organizational and donor requirements and processing supplier invoices.
- Preparation of BRS and petty cash day book and report for any variances;
- Maintain consolidated register of capital assets and durable goods;
- Prepare monthly payroll and quarterly reconciliation with the report;
- Maintain HR records, including staff lists, staff files, time sheet and the leave register;
- Ensure timely deposit of TDS and CIT/PF and E-filing of TDS as per provision of Income Tax Act is done in time.
- Assist the project teams in the developing budget for new project including the revision of exiting project budget.
- Ensure that staff insurance are done and are renewed in time.
- Check and ensure that all procurement process and expenditures of the project in accordance with the Donor procedure and organization procedure
- Support for development in the strong internal control system to safeguard the assets of the organization and optimum utilization of resources
- Support for conducting project audit, internal audit and statutory audit.
- Ensure that all procurement and procurement process are planned right from start if the project.
- Ensure that procurement process follows SN-JD procurement policy and donor requirements.
- Archive the finance documents, staff profiles, legal agreement and other files.
- Take lead in managing the and disposing office assets.
- Coordinate and facilitate for timely and effective logistic support to program and support function.
- Correspond and supervise on the various administrative matters including fixed assets and store management.
- Maintain office premises to provide good working environments.
- Ensure that all organizational, program, finance and personal files and documents are documented and safely store according SN-JD and donor requirement.
- Documentation/Filing and indexing of the all accounts records in an orderly manner including district records
- Carry out any other administrative/financial assignments as requested by the organization
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, business studies and/or commerce,
- At least 2 years’ experience in admin and financial sector.
- An excellent computer skill on Microsoft Office Excel, Microsoft Office Word and preferably Accounting Software is required.
- Good oral and written communication skills in English & Nepali.
- Prior experience in training would be an asset.
Other Attributes: Excellent quality of work and commitment to high standards, strong communication skills, team building and willingness and motivated for good service delivery with strong networking and interpersonal skills and comfortable to work under stress and emergencies.
Age Limit: Candidates between 18 years to 40 years are only eligible to apply for the above positions.
Duration: Fixed term till June 2022 (Annual contract basis with three months’ probation period)
Competent Candidate from Dalits, Disadvantages and socially excluded groups will be given priority. Females are strongly encouraged to apply. Interested Nepali individual candidate are requested to submit the CV along with the interest letter within 7 days (by 26th July, 2021) at SN-JD Contact Office, Birtamode or via mail at [email protected].
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for participation in the recruitment process.
SN-JD reserves the right to qualify/disqualify any applications without any reason.
TERMS OF PAYMENT
As per SN-JD norms and mutually agreed during the signing of the contract.
Note: This term of reference can be amended by the SN-JD as per the need
Social Network for Justice & Development (SN-JD)
Head Office: Kachankawal-6, Jhapa
Branch Office: Birtamode-1, Jhapa
Contact No: 9804937693