Organization Name: Social Network for Justice & Development (SN-JD)
Project Name: COVID-19 Support Project- Nepal
Position: Social Mobilizer
Duty Station: Kachankawal RM. Jhapa
Report to: PME Officer
“With the vision of Growing together for equitable Society” Social Network for Justice and Development (SN-JD), a community based organization network (CBO Federation) was established in 2008. SN-JD is dedicated toward empowering and uplifting the Disaster affected, marginalized, and vulnerable people who are social economically disadvantaged, with the partnership of Lutheran World Federation Nepal and Government of Nepal. SN-JD requires that everybody associated with it abide by its Child Protection Policy & Code of Conduct.
- Familiarize with human rights guaranteed by Nepal constitutions, laws and by laws and international legal instruments.
- Familiarize and work in accordance with the Vision, Mission, Values, Principles, and Objectives of SN-JD as Humanitarian and Development Organization
- Be free from the political influence of any parties and the political activities strictly abide by the SN-JD Code of Conduct, GESI Policy, Child Protection Policy, Complaint Response Mechanism etc.
- Support to lobby and advocacy with local governments; and humanitarian and development partners to include venerable communities in sectorial program, plan and policy provisions.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the supervision of the PME officer, Social mobilizers will:
1. Support to identify Covid affected youths including migrant returnees, SGBV survivors, PwDs & farmers for COVID –19 support activities.
2. Coordination and mobilization of groups, Cooperatives, PwDs organization for program implementation in close coordination with Rural Municipality office.
3. Ensure the active participation of poor and excluded (women, girls, minority, ethnicity & socially excluded) groups in all activities.
4. Support to community in effective & timely implementation of activities and ensure the timely payments of project specific expenditures at the field level.
5. Support for preparation of the monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports providing the authentic field information/data/case studies.
6. To manage the training and other activities conducted by the organization.
7. To act as a resource person and conduct other trainings given by the organization.
8. Participate / assist in various interactions related to income generation and given responsibilities by the organization and prepare reports.
9. Work closely with identified farmers, farmer group’s migrant returnees, SGBV survivors, PwDs, Single women to ensure Increase engagement in programs.
10. Ensure effective engagement of all stakeholders as planned in the project activities.
11. Ensure proper monitoring of project activities.
12. Complying with the Project Manual and other relevant requirements of SNJD.
The Social Mobiliser is expected to provide the following deliverables in close coordination with SNJD.
- Submit periodic progress reports to SN-JD.
- Submit the meeting minutes from meetings with relevant stakeholders.
- Provide regular briefing email to update SN-JD team on the progress of the assignment.
- Additional deliverables maybe requested as and when needed.
ASSIGNMENT MANAGEMENT and DURATION
The Social Mobilizer will work under the technical supervision of and in close collaboration with SNJD under the technical guidance of PME officer.
- Intermediate (10+2) in relevant disciplinary.
- At least 2 years relevant wok experience with national/international organizations (I/NGOs)
- Should be able to formulate the project plan, detail implementation plan (DIP), operation plan of project activities
- Should be capable on field information/data collection, effective reporting skills and case study writing skill.
- Excellent interpersonal, networking, community mobilization and negotiation skills
- Priority will be given to the local candidate from Kachankawal RM area
- Good knowledge of computer skills: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint.
- Ability to deliver on tight deadlines.
- Good oral and written communication skills in English & Nepali.
- Willingness to travel frequently to remote places.
Other Attributes: Excellent quality of work and commitment to high standards, strong communication skills, team building and willingness and motivated for good service delivery with strong networking and interpersonal skills and comfortable to work under stress and emergencies.
Age Limit: Candidates between 18 years to 40 years are only eligible to apply for the above position.
Duration: Fixed term till June 2022 (Annual contract basis with three months’ probation period)
Competent Candidate from Dalits, Disadvantages, socially excluded groups, and inhabitants of the project Rural Municipality will be given priority. Females are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested Nepali individual candidate are requested to submit the CV along with the interest letter within 7 days (by 26th July, 2021) at SN-JD Contact Office, Birtamode or via mail at [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for participation in the recruitment process.
SN-JD reserves the right to qualify/disqualify any applications without any reason.
TERMS OF PAYMENT
As per SN-JD norms and mutually agreed during the signing of the contract.
Note: This term of reference can be amended by the SN-JD as per the need
Social Network for Justice & Development (SN-JD)
Head Office: Kachankawal-6, Jhapa
Branch Office: Birtamode-1, Jhapa
Contact No: 9804937693