Company/Organization: Sunsar Maya
Sunsar Maya is an NGO based in Kathmandu and San Francisco, CA. Our mission is to build pathways out of poverty by improving the livelihoods of vulnerable children and omen through holistic, community-based services. Our organization focuses on three main programs: an afterschool program that provides academic, emotional, and medical support for children living in extreme poverty; a women’s literacy program to empower and educate women in our community; and teacher trainings in rural schools to provide educators with resources to help them improve outcomes in their classrooms.
Position: Assistant Manager/ Head Teacher
Number of Vacancies: 1
Job Location : Jorpati-Sundarijal Road, Kathmandu, Nepal
Education Level : Bachelor
Experience Required : More than or equals to 2 years
Gender : Female
The Assistant Manager/Head Teacher works closely with the Program Manager to oversee all programs in Nepal, and reports directly to the Executive Director (in the U.S.).
• Support Program Manager in all Sunsar Maya programs (after-school, women’s literacy, and teacher training)
• Oversee day-to-day operations and management of the after- school and adult literacy programs and reporting to Program Manager
• Build curriculums for each program, and create and implement daily lesson plans
• Teach daily classes
• Work closely with Program Manager in teacher development and training of Sunsar Maya teachers, including classroom observations and feedback with teachers
• Co-design and execute trainings for our Teacher Training program
• Regular evaluations and follow-up on all programs
• Create and help manage Sunsar Maya events
• Outreach and build partnerships for workshops and events for Women’s Literacy Program
• Outreach and build partnerships for workshops and events for After-School Program
• Input data and evaluations into database
• Work closely with Operations/Partnership Manager on all operational needs and accounts
• Work closely with, and report to, Program Manager on all tasks and program-related work, including individual student updates, lesson plans, and curriculum
• Work under Sunsar Maya Employee Guidance and SuMa Handbook
• Regularly report to Executive Director in United States
Desired Skills, Education and Experience:
• University degree minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Education or in any related subject.
• Minimum two years of teaching or other educational placement required, knowledge of progressive teaching (Montessori, Waldorf, Reggio) a plus.
• Strong administrative and management skills, but no prior management experience necessary
• Experience in education training not required but a plus
• Fluency in English to work with U.S. based director
• Willing to commit to minimum two years with the organization
Women from any caste, religion and ethical background are highly encouraged to apply.
Last date to apply: 13th December 2019
HOW TO APPLY
Please send CV and cover letter to [email protected]