Swisscontact is a leading partner organisation for the implementation of international development projects. We promote inclusive economic, social and ecological development to make an effective contribution towards sustainable and widespread prosperity in developing and emerging economies.
Government of Nepal (GoN) and Government of Switzerland have been implementing Nepal Vocational Qualifications System Project (NVQS-P) since 2015. The Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) is providing financial and technical assistance to the GoN (Council for Technical Education and Vocational Training (CTEVT)/Ministry of Education, Science and Technology (MoEST)) for the implementation of the project. Swisscontact Nepal has set up a technical assistance team- Project Support Unit (PSU) on behalf of SDC.
For the second Phase of NVQS-P, we invite applications from committed and experienced Nepali citizens for the following position.
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: NVQS PSU Office, Bhaktapur with frequent field-visits
Reports to: Administration Officer
Duration: One year with possibility of extension
Purpose of the Job
Under the direct supervision and leadership of the Administration Officer, this position is responsible to drive the office vehicle to the authorized destination with safe and secured vehicle services.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
The incumbent is expected to perform following functions at NVQS:
- Driving of the Swisscontact office vehicle safely during office hours in Kathmandu and during Field visits outside Kathmandu.
- Responsible for the information about timely maintenance and repair of the vehicle as and when needed.
- Proper maintenance of the logbook of the vehicle and timely submission of the logbook at least once a week to the Administration department for internal control.
- Proper record of private use of vehicle, if any by the Swisscontact Project Staff, after prior approval from the Project Management and details of usage and mileage to be provided to the Administration.
- Always keep the Swisscontact Project vehicle in clean and good conditions.
- Make sure the vehicle registration, insurance and all other documents are placed it safe and secure place and available within a vehicle at all time.
- Inform administration about the renewal of legal documents of the vehicle and facilitate for the same as needed.
- Always keep valid Driver’s license and other documents while driving the project vehicle.
- Make sure the vehicle is not driven during strikes and bandhas, without prior permission from the Supervisor/ Team Leader and parked properly inside the Swisscontact office.
- Make sure the vehicle is always filled up with emergency fuel to avoid any fuel shortage or crises.
- Support the office assistant in day to day office operations in close coordination with the Administrative Assistant such as payment of monthly utilities bills, and others as needed.
- Driving under influence of Alcohol would not be permitted and would immediately lead to termination of the employment.
Qualification, Experience and Skills
The individual must conform to the following qualifications, experience and skills:
- At least Secondary Education Examination (SEE) or School Leaving Certificate (SLC).
- Minimum of three years’ work experience in similar position, preferably with donors and/or INGOs.
- Must be able to multi-task and take responsibilities independently.
- Must have basic know how of vehicle maintenance and apply all safety precautions.
- Must be familiar with all roads in the Kathmandu valley and main cities of Nepal.
- Good interpersonal skills and demonstrate high level of ethical behavior.
- Must have experience driving in the remote hills and rough terrain of Nepal.
- Must be able to read and write basic English as well as understand and communicate in English.Working Conditions and Environment
- This will be applicable in accordance with the Swisscontact Staff Manual.
Last date to apply: 15 December 2020.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements can submit – (a) Job Application Form, (b) Current CV with at least two referees and (c) a Cover Letter to [email protected] latest by 15 December 2020. The detailed job description and Job Application Form can be obtained through our website.
Please mention the position applied for in the “subject” line of your email.
Swisscontact Nepal shall not entertain any phone enquiries or other such solicitations for these positions. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the selection process. Swisscontact Nepal reserves the right to reject any or all applications.
Swisscontact Nepal promotes workforce diversity and applies positive discrimination to candidates from discriminated groups (Women, Dalit, Janajati, Madhesi/Terai and other minority communities).