Position: Fundraising Coordinator
Fixed Term Contract from May 1, 2021 – July 2022 (Probable Extension)
Reports to: Associate Director of Fundraising and Partnership
About Teach For Nepal:
Teach For Nepal currently has 134 outstanding university graduates as Fellows teaching in public and
government schools in seven districts. By our eight year of engagement in the community we have
impacted almost 30,000 plus children.
To create and nurture a community of champions and supporters required to sustain and grow the work
of Teach For Nepal. S/He will be responsible to build long-term, value-based relationships with all
stakeholders that enable achievement of the vision and mission of TFN.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Conduct excellent research and data analysis on prospects and donors
- Research and explore creative fundraising ideas/opportunities for Teach For Nepal.
- Conduct research to identify potential donors/supporters – specifically looking for evidence of whether a prospect is aligned with TFN’s vision/mission.
- Conduct research on new and existing donors to identify their motivations and barriers
towards TFN; their potential levers to deepen connection with TFN
- Prepare tailored meeting briefs and materials based on research and analysis
- Create and maintain robust fundraising and documents.
2. Donor Relationships and Partnership
- Ensure all the queries of donors and partners are addressed
- Tracking partners’ engagement level and investing more on partners through proper
- Ensure donors’ and partners requirements; timely update/submission of progress report
- Coordinate and organize meetings with the possible donors/partners
- Follow up, cultivate and stewardship of Individual Donors and Prospects
- Prepare donor communication materials and communication channel to influence and cultivate donors
- Plan and organize donors/partners school visits
3. Plan, organize and execute successful TFN Fundraising events
- Coordinate with the Events Team and create event project plans with key actions, milestones and deadlines.
- Managing all logistics (i.e., sending invitations and tracking RSVPs, creating and printing
event materials, organizing volunteers, setting up and cleaning up, executing follow-up
4. Generate Reports
- Coordinate with the team across Teach For Nepal for development of concept notes and proposals
- Create/Develop a reporting tracker and submit quality reports to supporters/partners.
Collaboration to achieve vision:
- Program Team
- Communication Team
- Events Team
- Evaluation Team
- Community Affairs
- Admin and Finance
- Demonstrates high level of TFN’s core values and understanding of TFN’s mission and Theory of
- Ability to motivate and collaborate with superiors and peers to achieve goals collectively
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Ability to write standardized concept notes, reports and proposals.
- Strong relationship-building and managing skills
- Critical thinker having good judgment ability; prioritizes and resolves problems
- Ability to forecast and exploit opportunities
- Goal oriented; sets goals and achieves it
- Self motivated with ability to operate independently with purpose, urgency, and accuracy at a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills, both in English and Nepali language (verbal and written)
- Exemplifying Teach For Nepal’s core values
- Minimum Bachelor degree related to Development Studies, International Relation, Management, Leadership or any relevant area
- At least 2 years relevant professional experience in the development sector and similar role
- Experience of managing events and projects
- Experience of working in diverse setting
- Excellent proficiency in MS Office, Basic designing and database applications (preferably
Location: Kathmandu based with few visits in placement communities to deepen the understanding of
TFN and its work
Salary: As per TFN policies