The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH currently seeks a Technical Advisor with a focus on Accident and Disability Security Scheme to support the Social Security Fund (SSF) in implementing and developing an Accident and Disability Security Scheme. The project Support to the Health Sector Programme (S2HSP) works in close cooperation the Ministry of Labour, Employment and Social Security (MoLESS), Social Security Fund (SSF) and the International Labour Organization (ILO).
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is implementing its activities on behalf of the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). Overall, S2HSP aims at improving access to effective and qualitative healthcare services and is focusing on 5 key result areas: (1) Social Health Protection, (2) Human Resource for Health (3) Governance in Health (4) Digitalising health information systems and work processes and (5) Adolescent Health and Development.
Position : Technical Advisor –Accident and Disability Security Scheme
Duty Station: Kathmandu
Duration: February 2020- June 2021
The position holder shall work under S2HSP’s Social Health Protection component and in close cooperation with its digital component.
1. Provide technical advice for the development and implementation of SSF’s Accident and Disability Security Scheme
• Gather, review and analyse data and documents on work place accident and occupational diseases in Nepal
• Provide technical advice on the design of processes, benefit catalogue and organizational structures of the accident and disability security scheme (including review and further development of existing Standard Operating Procedures/Operation Manual)
• Liaise with governmental representatives regarding the feasibility and requirements of an accident and disability security scheme and the integration within the social protection system in Nepal
• Support the capacity development of individuals and the organisations to ensure the sustainability of the scheme
• Promote dialogue, consensus and decision-making amongst stakeholders on design of the scheme
• Support the application of openIMIS (open source Insurance Management Information System) in collaboration with the S2HSP digital team and external consultants to operate the scheme
2. Cooperate with relevant internal and external stakeholders towards expansion of coverage and benefits for employers and employees
• Identify and cooperate with key government and non-government stakeholders towards the process of a joint integrated social protection strategy
• Liaise with key external development partners as well as internal departments and forge alliances towards a joint social protection system approach
• Analyse and present international best practices on employment accident and disability security scheme
• Develop a communication strategy to enable awareness and to position the accident and disability security scheme among the beneficiaries
3. Other tasks:
• Design, implement and document meetings, workshops, seminars and other events in relation to the activity
• Cooperate with other GIZ projects/programmes on the relevant work areas
• Support documentation and report writing
• Coordinate (short-term) experts on various related assignments
• Contribute to GIZs knowledge management by publishing articles, papers and factsheets on the designated work areas
• Assist in the monitoring and evaluation of SSF’s Accident and Disability Security Scheme
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree or advanced degree in (Health) Economics, Social Policy, Public Policy, Public Health or similar
• At least three years of experience in a position as technical advisor / project manager / researcher or similar working with government officials
• Significant work experience (5+ years) on social protection systems
• Demonstrated experience in data collection and analysis for social protection programmes
• Demonstrated expertise in managing diverse stakeholders and promoting consensus
• Preferably experience working with international development partners
• Excellent in communication in both English and Nepali and strong presentation skills
• Very good working knowledge of IT technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
• Strong organizational, interpersonal & management skills and excellent team player
• Ability to work with diverse teams
Last date to apply: 22nd January 2020
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are requested to send a completed application including CV and two referees to the email address [email protected] no later than by 22.01.2020. Only applications sent by email will be accepted. Please write in the subject line while applying by position: for “Ref. Nr. 20001- Technical Advisor –Accident and Disability Security Scheme”.
Only short-listed candidates will be called for written test and interview. No telephone inquiries will be entertained. The organization reserves the right to cancel or postpone the whole recruitment process without providing any reasons whatsoever.
The salary and social benefits will correspond to the GIZ rule applicable to national staff. Especially women and candidates from minority groups are highly encouraged to apply.
Source: Himalayan Times, 8th January 2020