Position: Program Officer
The International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES) is an international NGO that supports the building of democratic societies around the world. Since 2006, IFES Nepal has worked with the Election Commission of Nepal (ECN) and local civil society partners to enhance citizen participation and strengthen civil society, governance and transparency.
IFES Nepal is seeking a Program Officer to provide support in implementing IFES Nepal’s programs with the ECN. This position will be under the supervision of the IFES Nepal Country Director and will be full time.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Liaise as required with the ECN to support IFES’ ongoing technical assistance;
- Support implementation of civic and voter education activities with the ECN, including designing, reviewing and developing relevant materials;
- Coordinate the preparation of civic and voter education training materials, including manuals, timelines, budgets and presentations in Nepali;
- Coordinate with IFES, the ECN and CSO partner(s) as needed to increase collaboration between IFES, the ECN and CSO partners to support effective voter education and voter registration initiatives;
- Provide policy and technical support on mainstreaming gender equality and women’s empowerment throughout all programs;
- Liaise between IFES and the ECN to coordinate on social media and communications strategies;
- Support management of ECN social media outreach and initiatives;
- Support relevant ECN teams to facilitate gender and inclusion efforts within the ECN, including supporting workshops and trainings on inclusion and the development of awareness materials;
- Work collaboratively with IFES technical experts and partners as needed; and
- Other relevant duties as assigned by the Country Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in international development, political science, international relations or a related field, Master’s degree preferred;
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience in international development or related field, preferably working with an international organization;
- Experience with elections and/or civic or voter education preferred;
- Experience with gender in elections preferred;
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office Programs, Excel, Internet) are required, familiarity with designing software and tools is an asset;
- Strong grammar and editing skills;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Fluency in English and Nepali, both written and verbal and excellent communication skills are required;
- Ability to work independently in support of a team.
This position is opened for Nepali nationals only. Qualified and interested candidates are requested to send their application with an updated CV and two professional references to: [email protected] with clearly mentioning the position you are applying for in the subject line. The application submission deadline is 4:00 PM, Thursday, June 10, 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for selection processes. Women, people with disabilities, marginalized and disadvantaged communities are highly encouraged to apply