Transcultural Psychosocial Organization Nepal (TPO) Nepal
Transcultural Psychosocial Organization Nepal (TPO) Nepal is one of Nepal’s leading psychosocial organizations. It was established in 2005 to promote psychosocial well-being and mental health of people in conflict-affected and other vulnerable communities through the development of sustainable, culturally-appropriate, and community-based psychosocial support systems.
ALIVE is a 5-year project aiming to develop, and test the feasibility, acceptability, and appropriateness of intervention modules (economic/anti-poverty intervention modules and self-regulation intervention modules) for preventing common mental health conditions such as depression and anxiety among adolescents aged 10-19 years living in poverty affected urban settings such as squatter settlements in Nepal. The interventions will be developed in line with formative qualitative research and the effectiveness of the interventions would be assessed by using various self-report mental health tools and neuropsychological assessments. These tools and assessments would be developed/adapted and validated via a series of steps which includes translation, review, (Focus Group Discussion) FGD, back-translations, cognitive interviewing, pre-testing, validation against the diagnostic interview, evaluation of psychometric properties, and standardization.
TPO Nepal seeks competent, committed, and result oriented candidate for the following position:
Job station: Kathmandu
Job duration: 1 year with a possibility of extension
Number of openings: 1 (One)
Start date: At the earliest
The translator will be responsible for the following duties:
- Translation of standardized structural assessment tools, and adaptation and contextualization of the tools and their process of administration from English to Nepali and vice-versa
- Translation of qualitative interview guidelines, checklists, and formats from English to Nepali and vice-versa
- Translation of participants’ case studies, stories, and vignettes from Nepali to English
- Translation of qualitative data (focus group discussion, individual interviews, etc.) from Nepali to English
- Translation of training manuals, reference materials, and implementation guides from Nepali to English and vice-versa
- Proofreading and editing of manuscripts, reports, and other project documents in both Nepali and English languages.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS, AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred) in the field of psychology, nursing, public health, population health, anthropology, linguistics, global health, or related field
- Minimum of two years of professional experience in translation of research-related data, reports, and manuals from Nepali to English or vice-versa
- Flexible to work beyond office hours when required
- Excellent command of both written and spoken Nepali and English languages
- Fluent typing skills in both Nepali and English
- Priority will be given to those candidates who have previous experience in the translation of mental health assessment tools, interview guides, reports, and manuals
Interested, qualified, and motivated candidates meeting the above requirements are encouraged to apply along with a cover letter, updated resume (CV), and expected salary to: [email protected] no later than 5:00 p.m., 8th December 2022.
TPO Nepal is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourage individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. TPO Nepal does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination.