Position: Human Resources Manager
Job no: 541684
Position type: Fixed Term Appointment
School/Unit: Regional Services Div (SAR), Kathmandu
Department/Office: Reg Serv – Oper, Kathmandu
Categories: Human Resources
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a Champion.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Human Resources Manager at the regional office for South Asia. Join a dynamic and multicultural team to provide innovative and strategic HR services to the Regional office and South Asia Region’s eight (8) country offices.
Experience Kathmandu, enjoy the beauty of the Himalayas, the snow-capped mountain peaks and the rich, historic culture of Nepal!.
How can you make a difference?
Under the supervision of the Regional Chief of Human Resources, this position manages human resource activities in accordance with the HR strategy and work plan, aligned with the Regional Office Management Plan (ROMP) as well as the goals and strategic needs of the organization. In collaboration with DHR, the incumbent also contributes to the development of strategies to implement the UNICEF Strategic Plan and Human Resources Strategy, including but not limited to identifying and promoting a gender and diversity sensitive, inclusive workplace.
More specifically, the incumbents leads/contributes in the following HR subject areas: Human Resources Manager Level 4.doc
- Policy Implementation and HR Administration
- Recruitment, Policy Selection and Placement
- Capacity Building and Career Development
- Strategic HR Planning and Management
- Management Excellence in the Office
- Staff and Management Relationship Management
- Inter-agency Cooperation, Networking and Partnerships
- Emergency and Staff Security
- Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Staff wellbeing
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Advanced university degree or equivalent backgrounds, in Human Resources, Business Administration, International Relations, Social Sciences, Psychology, Law or related areas.
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant professional experience in
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The UNICEF competencies required for this post are…
- Nurtures, Leads and Manages People (2)
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (3)
- Works Collaboratively with others (3)
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (3)
- Innovates and Embraces Change (3)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (3)
- Drives to achieve impactful results (3)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (3)
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
Click here to learn more about UNICEF’s values and competencies.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
The successful candidate MUST be able to travel unhindered to all the countries in South Asia
Advertised: Jul 02 2021 Nepal Standard Time
Application close: Jul 26 2021 Nepal Standard Time