Organization: United Mission to Nepal (UMN)
United Mission to Nepal (UMN) is an international development organisation which aims to enable the poorest people living in poverty to transform their lives, leading towards fullness of life. Okhaldhunga Community Hospital (OCH) has been serving the community since it was established as a small clinic in 1962 and its public health work has been running for more than 20 years.
Position: Community Based Rehabilitation (CBR) Programme Coordinator (OCH Grade 9)
Location: Okhaldhunga Community Hospital, Okhaldhunga
“Achieving Disability Inclusive Development through CBR in Okhaldhunga, Nepal” will be the very first CBR project working to transform Okhaldhunga into a disability-inclusive society so that PWD (People with Disabilities) and their families experience fullness of life through their full inclusion, participation and contribution.
The main job responsibility is to plan and implement this project.
Qualification and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Social Science or equivalent
• Minimum of two years relevant work experience in project management within community based disability-inclusive development/ CBR or community development
• Knowledge of disability situation in Nepal, CBR in Nepal and beyond, Disability Inclusive Development (DID), and relevant national and international disability laws and policies e.g. Convention on the Right of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD)
• Experience in advocacy, rights-based approach and community group mobilisation
• Experience of developing proposals, programme planning, budgeting and reporting
• Experience of working with minority and oppressed groups/PWD, combating stigma, trauma and discrimination
• Good computer skills and communication skills in Nepali and English language, written and verbal
Salaries and benefits will be according to UMN standards.
Last date to apply: 26 November, 2019
HOW TO APPLY
All interested individuals who meet the minimum qualifications are encouraged to apply for these positions.
The Job Descriptions and Application Forms can be downloaded from our website: www.umn.org.np/vacancy
Completed application forms should be sent by e-mail to [email protected] latest by 4:00 pm on 26 November, 2019. Only short-listed candidates will be invited to participate in an assessment process.
We especially encourage applications from Persons with Disabilities, women and marginalised groups.