Organization: Volunteers Initiative Nepal (VIN)
We are a not-for-profit NGO based in Kathmandu, working in rural communities of Nepal.
Our mission is to empower marginalized communities through equitable, inclusive and holistic development programs. There are four pillars in our developmental approach: Education, Health & Environment, Economy and Basic infrastructure development. These four pillars of development are supported by six major community empowerment programs namely Women’s Empowerment, Children’s Development, Youth Empowerment, Public Health & Medical care, Environment Conservation and Disaster Risk Reduction. All VIN’s developmental and humanitarian programs are aligned with UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Position: Civil Engineer
Project Site: Okhaldhunga
Duration: 3 months with possible extension
Project Start Date: 20th November, 2020
Responsible to: District Project Coordinator
• BE in civil engineering
• 3-5 years of experience on designing & execution of the construction project.
• Experience on micro irrigation project will be an added advantage.
Role and Responsibilities:
Lead and manage the construction of the Micro Irrigation Project in Dalit households in Okhaldhunga.
• Project study, site visit and field observation;
• Design the superstructure (water tank and pipeline system) as per project need;
• Asses the feasibility of the construction site;
• Orient workers and family about construction;
• Ensure safety of the workers, family and yourself;
• Materials assessment and support in procurement;
• Regular site visit and monitoring the construction progress;
• Update progress to project coordinator;
• Orient family about installation and safe use of the water tank;
• Prepare and submit final report.
Project Specific Skills
• Knowledge and skills on designing & implementation
• Proficient on computer and presentation skills
• Proficient in conducting orientation to make workers understand plans
• Efficiency on engaging people
• Looks issues from positive perspective
• Excellent communicator with good interpersonal skills
• A team player with good work ethics
• Time management and leadership qualities
• Adaptable, flexible and able to work under pressure
• Accepting of different ideas and culture
• Problem solving: always be part of solutions than part of a problem
• Willingness to live in rural communities.
• Positive attitude
Salary: 60,000 to 70,000 including benefits– based on the working experience.
Last date to apply: 2 October 2020
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are requested to email their Letter of Motivation and Updated CV at [email protected] with the subject as ‘Civil Engineer’.
Telephonic inquiries will not be entertained.