Menstrual Health and Hygiene Coordinator
Place of work: Bardiya District, Nepal
Pay band: Grade E
Contract type: 1-year Fixed term contract (with possibility of extension based on performance up to project period),
Full-time (6 months’ probation)
Reports to: WASH Programme Manager
Travel: Travel to programme and project areas when required
Lead in promoting menstrual health and hygiene management (MHHM) to achieve specific objectives of the UK Aid Match (UKAM) funded project in Bardiya district with regards to influence integration of MHHM in education sector.
This position will be a member of the WAN project team accompanied by Technical Officer (Engineer) and Policy and Governance Specialist from WAN along with a full partner project team in Bardiya district. The project team in the district will be guided and supported by programme team from Kathmandu comprising of WASH Programme Manager, BCC Specialist, Head of Programmes and other functional team members.
- Support on MHHM, hygiene and WASH related areas of work to enable delivery of WAN strategic priorities
- Identify and ensure delivery of relevant research, advocacy and campaign initiatives for MHHM in specific and WASH and Public Health in general
- Responsible to ensure and support mainstreaming of MHHM in the project, also widely in the sector and cross sector.
- Lead the advocacy and influencing component of the project using field evidence as well as coordination at different forums and platforms in project area.
- Ensure PMER core procedures are followed in all relevant and related areas of MHHM and hygiene work
- High quality PPRs for periodic review, reflection and learning
- Ensure adequate documentation of MHHM and hygiene initiatives and learning from programme/ project interventions
- Prepare regular high-quality reports meeting the needs of the organisation, donors and other audience.
- Support in designing projects and preparing proposals in WASH and Public Health that can be used to attract funding for the programme.
- Coordinate on hygiene activities including MHHM activities working closely with BCC Specialist for focused interventions on MHHM
- Responsible for capacity building of partners on identified MHHM
- Responsible to provide technical input and support to relevant project teams to ensure effective implementation and monitoring of MHHM activities working closely with PMEL
- Support in organisational strategic planning processes for developing and reviewing programme strategies and project approaches
- Cultivate and maintain functional relationships and network with relevant stakeholders including government and civil society at district level to influence integration of MHHM in education sector.
- Responsible for external engagement and collaboration in MHHM with like-minded organizations and institutions at district level
- Support partners in identifying areas of MHHM, and capacity building, institutional strengthening, consolidate capacity building plans and ensure the delivery of appropriate actions to address these
- Support in managing strategic partners, consultants for WAN advocacy initiatives on MHHM
- As member of programme/project team, contribute to and support all project implementation including advocacy and campaign initiatives of WAN and enable effective ways of working for integration of advocacy and programme initiatives
- Safeguarding – Understand and put into practice the responsibilities under Safeguarding and Child Protection policies and procedures and the Global Code of Conduct (CoC)
- Master’s in Public Health or relevant discipline
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in similar role
- Experience and understanding of working modality of Health sector
- IT skills particularly MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience in WASH or public health programme delivery and coordination of programme/project
- Good communication skills in written and verbal English and Nepali, with good interpersonal, negotiating and persuasive skills and experience
- Ability to create networks between school, local governments and stakeholders that further sustain behavioural change interventions
- Excellent skills in writing, producing excellent monitoring and programme/project reports for wider audience
- Commitment to WaterAid’s values and a working style that reflects WaterAid’s values of Respect Accountability, Courage, Collaboration, Integrity and Innovation.
- Experience in research in health, MHHM and WASH development issues
- Excellent skill in community consultation, organising group discussions with different and diverse group of people, field observation, interviewing with people and facilitating meetings internally and externally
- Ability to work flexibly, to manage varying competing priorities under your own initiative, meet strict deadlines
- Ability to design, manage and evaluate behavioural change interventions.
- Experience of managing and supporting staff or volunteers
- Experience of working effectively within a culturally diverse and matrix organisation
Application Deadline: 12th of Feb, 2023
To apply for this job please visit p2p.com.np.