Are you aiming to work for an organization where it is worthwhile investing your personality, your skills and your time? Are you looking for a job that is exciting and has clear goals? Welcome to Welthungerhilfe!
We are one of the largest and most respected private organisations for development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. As a politically and confessionally independent organisation, our value-oriented actions are always based on ethical principles. Our vision is clear: “Zero Hunger by 2030” – If you want to become part of our global mission to end hunger around the world, we look forward to receiving your application as:
Job Location: Kathmandu
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of one year. There are very good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Kathmandu, Nepal. The position is paid according to Nepal Payscale
The objective of the position is to act as focal person for both internal and external communication concerning the work of Welthungerhilfe in Nepal country office.
- Lead to develop and implement of communication plan of country office in line with WHH global communication guideline.
- In consultation with the system developer manage the landing paer of Welthungerhilfe country program, ennsure regualr posting of information, accurate and compeling
- Develop high quality communication materials and effectively communicate these across key audiences, while ensuring that they onform to Welthungerhilfe standards and promote the image and objectives.
- Managing social media accounts of the organization
- Liaise with the marketing and communication departments at the Welthungerhilfe head office on the required information and publications
- Ensure and get familiar with the visibility strategy of Welthungerhilfe as well as donor needs
- Conduct regualr field visit to ensure that visibility strategy is being complied with
- Support to compile reports and provide to program team.
- Produce short videos and good quality pictures for publishing purpose
- Lead and support to develop change stories, brouchers, leaflets, infographics, factsheet and two pagers related to program and organization
- Reviewing and adjusting communications budgets and timelines.
- Develop presentaiton materials and handouts of the work done by organizaton that can also be used in meetings with donors and other stakeholders
- Training team members on improving the communication process.
- Carry out other tasks as required to support the internal and external communication of the organization.
- To network, coordinate and manage the contacts of main communication counterparts among various authorities and communication channels at national level, as well as ensure regular media monitoring.
- Adhere to the Welthungerhilfe principles, policies as laid down in its constitution and maintain a spirit of cooperation with Welthungerhilfe staff, other civil society organization, project patners adn local authorities etc
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or related social science.
- More than 3 years proven professional experience in communication sector as a Communications Officer, Communications Specialist, or a similar position in I/NGOs
- Excellent understanding and work experience in using social media networks.
- Demonstrate excellent writing, designing, and editing skills using software.
- Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Nepali.
- Ability to work during the emergency
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks.
- Exceptional proofreading abilities.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by January 29, 2023. Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.