World Vision is a child focused relief, development and advocacy organization that has contributed to transformation in the lives of millions of children around the world in vulnerable situations. We are driven by Christian values to serve children and families regardless of their religion, age, gender, ethnicity, class and caste. We are looking for potential Nepalese candidates to fill out the following positions:
Position: Innovation Business Partner – External
Job Location: Based in Lalitpur, National Office
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Lab was established in December 2015 as part of World Vision International’s Nepal Earthquake Response. The Lab brings together both international and local expertise from across diverse fields, integrating the shrewdness and innovation capacity of the private sector with the values, skills and first-hand experience of NGOs and communities in Nepal. The Lab coordinates resources, tools and knowledge to support collaboration and shared learning amongst its members. The Lab works closely with innovators to co-produce proposals that focus on the big questions of:
1. Does the concept fit in with disaster response, recovery, and preparedness in Nepal?
2.Could the idea/prototype lead to a ‘breakthrough’ or large-scale impact which can be prepositioned for inclusion into grants?
3.Could the outputs be implemented in other post-disaster or humanitarian/development contexts beyond Nepal?
The Innovation Business Partner – External will support the management of existing Lab projects and support in ideating, prototyping and scaling new innovations based on User Centric Design Principles. They will be involved in the implementation of the Lab’s strategy and in fostering partnerships amongst diverse set of stakeholders; national and international both in Nepal and beyond.
The Innovation Business Partner – External will need to have a strong understanding of User Centric Design along with previous experience of implementing tech for dev solutions. Specialization in the areas of Software Development, Blockchain, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence etc. will be preferred.
+ Support the Innovation Lab Manager to find and manage projects which develop and incubate innovation in the humanitarian sector. This could include new product designs, social business ideas, alternative response programming, designing and leading research or any ideas which push beyond the current limits of humanitarian response.
Tech for Dev.
+ Support in the design and development of technology solutions for issues/ challenges in the development sector/humanitarian programing.
+ Continue development and the enhancement of the technology platforms that exist within WVIN.
+ Ensure all technology platforms are operational and fulfill their functional requirement.
+ Prepare all necessary technical documents for the applications/digital solutions developed as requested by WV IT or any concerned stakeholder.
+ Prepare user manuals and training materials to orient/train concerned stake holders regarding the use of the digital solutions developed.
+ Conduct trainings and workshops to orient/train concerned stake holders regarding the use of the digital solutions developed.
+ Liaise with remote teams for solution deployment.
+ Liaise with WV IT, Country Offices, Support offices and Global Center personnel on the development and deployment of tech for dev solutions.
+ Support WV GAM team in communicating with donors and concerned stakeholders.
+ Participate in partnership meetings and design workshops in person or virtually.
+ Monitor, track and document activities in order to report on progress and share results, best practice and learnings to internal and external stakeholders.
+ Perform other organizational and business processes that are required to contribute to WVIN’s strategic objectives and to maintain a healthy organizational life.
+ Demonstration and understanding of and commitment to World Vision’s Core Values in the roach to work and relationships
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Engineering, Software Development or related field.
- At least 3 years of experience in the related field.
- Proven willingness to learn about new and evolving technology
- Proven track record of managing activities, resources, equipment and information to ensure excellence in operations in complex project environments.
- Strong creative capacity across communications and problem solving, and the ability to challenge the status quo through creative and design processes.
- Ability to work with inter-disciplinary teams to craft IT solutions.
- Ability to communicate complex information to a non-technological audience.
- Proficiency in compiled programming languages.
- Experience in troubleshooting technology problems.
- Experience in developing Blockchain based applications.
- Experience in web and mobile application development.
- 15% Travel requirement. Ability to travel to remote project sites/and overseas
- Must be able to interact with a diverse groups Able to work on a cross-cultural environment with a multi-national staff
- Full adherence to World Vision Child Protection & Adult Safeguuarding, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies.
Candidates fulfilling the criteria mentioned above may send in their complete ‘Curriculum Vitae (CV) with statement of purpose’ by 04 February, 2021 before 17:00 hours to the email, address mentioned below.
Email: [email protected]
For Details: https://careers.wvi.org/job-opportunities-in-nepal
World Vision International Nepal is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourage candidates of diverse background, women and differently abled, to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be called for the subsequent selection procedure.
WVIN reserves all rights to qualify/disqualify applications in any case.
People and Culture Department
World Vision International Nepal