World Vision is a child focused relief, development and advocacy organization that has contributed to transformation in the lives of millions of children around the world in vulnerable situations. We are driven by Christian values to serve children and families regardless of their religion, age, gender, ethnicity, class and caste. We are looking for potential Nepalese candidates to fill out the following positions:
Position: Innovation and Private-Corporate Partnership Manager
Job Location: Based in Lalitpur, National Office
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Innovation and Private – Corporate Partnership Manager facilitates innovative programming and approaches to improve the well-being of the most vulnerable children and their families and communities in Nepal and beyond, through the use of technology and collaborative partnership with internal and external stakeholders, including but not limited to private and corporate donors, start-up/IT companies, social innovators and entrepreneurs; and World Vision International (WVI) Nepal’s programs, acquisition, MEAL, field implementation, IT and broader innovation communities of practices of World Vision International.
Innovation Management and Leadership
- Pro-actively taking leadership to facilitate, promote, and convene the creation of innovative programming approach, for new or existing development and humanitarian projects or advocacy initiatives of WVI Nepal, adding values to create more impactful, sustainable and innovation-at-scale initiatives to improve the well-being of the most vulnerable children and communities in Nepal.
- In doing so, the following activities may include but not limited to:
- Proactively build new pipelines for innovative programming approaches across WVI Nepal’s projects, in partnership with cross-function team in WVI Nepal and other external partners
- Facilitate design thinking processes with relevant WVI Nepal’s team to develop ideas for prepositioning or to respond to grant opportunities and or funding from/or strategic engagement opportunities with private/corporate partners
- Contribute to the write up of the section on innovation section in new concepts/proposals development. This includes; specifying or outlining the proposed innovative approaches, framework, timeline, activities or tools, and associated costs, partnership and sustainability plan.
- In close coordination with the Programs Development and Quality Director and the Field Operations Director, co-lead efforts to promote innovation-at-scale across WVI Nepal’s projects in order to crate impactful and sustainable results for the well-being of the most vulnerable children and communities in Nepal
- Lead efforts to communicate to internal and external partners on innovative approaches in WVI Nepal’s projects contributingPrivate & Corporate Partnership Mobilization
- Identify and mobilize new partnership with Private and Corporate partners in Nepal and outside Nepal (via other World Vision International Offices) – to address issues faced by the most vulnerable children and communities in Nepal
- Develop new concept or proposal to raise new resources and or strategic partnership with private and corporate partners sharing the shared visions to support the improvement of well-being of children in Nepal – in close coordination with programs development and quality department team.
- Lead discussion and negotiation for new agreements or project contracts with private and corporate partners supporting WVI Nepal’s innovative projects
- Ensure compliance of WVI Nepal’s privatecorporate funded innovative initiatives to donors, Government of Nepal and World Vision International’s requirements.
- Maintain regular communications with private and corporate donors, including providing regular updates on project progress, finding opportunities to engage, and trouble-shooting on projects challenges in partnership with field operations department.
- Represent WVI Nepal in meeting with privatecorporate partners relating to WVI Nepal’s innovative initiatives
Innovation Lab Team Leadership and Project Management
- Develop the Lab team’s annual work plans and budgeting, aligned with WVI Nepal’s country strategy and programs and annual work plan, and monitor the progress of the work plan and budget implementation
- Manage, coach and support individual team member’s projects portfolios
- Manage relationship and coordination with internal and external partners
- With the Lab team, work closely with field operations team to ensure they have the tools to deliver innovative programming across WVI Nepal’s projects.
- Liaise with the WV US, WV Support Offices and Global Center to generate interest in their supporting the Lab’s work.
- Ensure capacity building support for the Lab team
- Led by example the practice of WVI Nepal’s organizational culture, practices and core values
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Information Technology/Management, or other Sciences or Social Sciences background
- Maturity to handle multiple deadlines and pressures within a fast-paced working environment especially in humanitarian settings (preferred)
- Proven experience in delivering innovative projects or platforms, managing teams and resources to systematically problem-solve and arrive at new solutions (Innovation Management)
- Strong grounding in strategic design, with proven ability in working at the planning level of complex projects or organizations (strategic design)
- Proven track record of managing activities, resources, equipment and information to ensure excellence in operations in complex project environments (project management)
- Proven experience managing social impact-driven projects, and an understanding of humanitarian aid and development systems, both at a global and Nepal-specific level (social impact management)
- Strong creative capacity across communications and problem-solving, and the ability to challenge the status quo through creative and design processes (creative problem-solving)
- Ability to facilitate connection and collaboration amongst groups of diverse professional and cultural backgrounds (Hosting + inclusivity)
- Minimum 2-3 year experiences working on social innovation projects with local and or international organizations, in private or non-profit organizations in Nepal/abroad (relevant experiences)
- Clear analytical and communications skills, including relevant experiences with crosscultural communications (communication)
- Good understanding on development, advocacy and humanitarian relating issues affecting children’s lives in Nepal, and the role of International Non-Government Organization to promote solutions and partnership
- Project Management Certificate (or other relevant training)
- 30% Travel requirement. Ability to travel to remote project sites/and overseas
- Must be able to interact with a diverse groups Able to work on a cross-cultural environment with a multi-national staff
- Full adherence to World Vision Child Protection & Adult Safeguuarding, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies.
At least 50% of work time conducting monitoring and field visits in target municipalities and wards
Candidates fulfilling the criteria mentioned above may send in their complete ‘Curriculum Vitae (CV) with statement of purpose’ by 04 February, 2021 before 17:00 hours to the email, address mentioned below.
Email: [email protected]
For Details: https://careers.wvi.org/job-opportunities-in-nepal
World Vision International Nepal is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourage candidates of diverse background, women and differently abled, to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be called for the subsequent selection procedure.
WVIN reserves all rights to qualify/disqualify applications in any case.
People and Culture Department
World Vision International Nepal