World Vision is a child focused relief, development and advocacy organization that has contributed to transformation in the lives of millions of children around the world in vulnerable situations. We are driven by Christian values to serve children and families regardless of their religion, age, gender, ethnicity, class and caste. We are looking for potential Nepalese candidates to fill out the following positions:
Position: Sponsorship Field Coordinator
Job Location: Kanchanpur, West Field Office Cluster
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Sponsorship Field Coordinator- Kanchanpur will coordinate Child Sponsorship and Community Sponsorship operations and services with partner NGOs that will enable WVIN to meet Child Sponsorship Standards, coordinate sponsorship processes within the team to fulfil sponsorship outcomes and outputs; facilitate strong community and partner engagement and ownership of child sponsorship to process child selection and registration; develop sponsorship activities that promote children’s participation and well-being; foster meaningful relationships and communication between children and sponsors.
The role will be responsible to provide technical support to Partner NGOs to lead the integration and quality of sponsorship in those programmes supported by sponsorship, and to mitigate potential problems traditionally associated with sponsorship practices. This position needs to ensure organizational contribution to child well-Being and maximum transformational development impact by providing technical support, expertise and leadership in community engagement and sponsorship plan to the Partner NGOs.
This position also needs to provide programming quality and programme effectiveness with regards to Development Program Approach standard and sponsorship essentials. This position will work closely with Child Protection lead at the Field Office to ensure integration of sponsorship management and alignment of programs to Child and Adult Safeguarding standards as well as ensures Child Safe Organization essentials at the district and Partner NGO level.
The incumbent will also represent the organization at the district level and coordinate with PNGOs, government and other stakeholders to profile organization and also to ensure a good collaboration among different stakeholders to leverage given resources in an effective ways.
- Coordinate performance of partner NGO through feasible work plans with clear targets
- Monitor and document performance of partner NGO implementing Child Sponsorship and Community Sponsorship’s Community Engagement and Child Sponsorship Programme (CESP) operations and services to ensure that they are performed timely, with quality, within budget as per project agreements and work plans.
- Conduct regular visits to Registered Children and partner communities, including unscheduled and random visits, as part of partner NGO’s performance monitoring
- Facilitate technical support for partner NGO to ensure adequate technical quality in the delivery of Child Sponsorship and Community Sponsorship Business processes operations and services, World Vision’s Global Child Sponsorship Standards
- Coordinate responses and follow up to queries in a timely manner
- Provide guidance in the development and implementation of CESP in the district
- Initiate coaching, mentoring and building the capacity of Partner NGO on CESP, Local Partnering and Community Engagement to effectively facilitate CESP in the district.
- Manage development of local selection criteria and the registration of children for child sponsorship based on World Vision’s global standards and WVIN’s criteria of vulnerability
- Ensure that Sponsorship Operations Indicator (SOI) reports are green and plan follow up action in case of variance
- Ensure the quality, integrity, security and consistency of all information generated by WVIN’s Child Sponsorship and Community Sponsorship business processes from the district
- Coordinate data entry of Sponsorship systems and ensure integrity and quality of data input
- Manage digitalization of Child Sponsorship and Community Sponsorship Business processes at the district level in alignment World Vision’s Global Child Sponsorship standards
- Build relationships with district and local governments, community representatives and other INGOs/NGOs in coordination with relevant staff from Field Office and National Office
- Promote basic understanding of key external stakeholders with regards to World Vision’s Sponsorship Approach and standards, WVIN as an organization and its projects/programmes in the district
- Promote community engagement, and children’s participation and voices in WVIN’s projects/programmes
- Share relevant information about the district with WVIN’s departments for sponsor/donor visit, security, public engagement, MEAL and proposal development purposes
- Identify, assess and communicate risks associated with Child Sponsorship and Community Sponsorship operations and services implemented by partner NGO. Coordinate the development of mitigation measures with partner NGO
- Ensure that all business processes and operational activities that are associated with WVIN’s Child Sponsorship and Community Sponsorship are in compliance with WV’s standards and policies including Child Protection
- Ensure Child Safe Organization’s and Child and Adult Safeguarding protocol at the district level are followed and up to date
- Act as Safeguarding Focal Point at District level with responsibility to orient PNGO board and staffs on Safeguarding compliance and incident reporting
- Compile, maintain and update the database of Safeguarding compliance in the district and provide needed information to the Field Focal Point and or National Safeguarding Focal Point
- Receive Safeguarding incident reports from Social Mobilizers/Communities/beneficiaries and report it to the Field Focal Point and or National Office Safeguarding focal point or as required by the incident reporting standards
- Contribute to strategic organizational process including annual planning, budgeting and reporting processes, and audit processes with major inputs required for WVIN Semi Annual and Annual Management Reporting of their respective APs.
- Perform other organizational and business processes that are required to contribute to WVIN’s strategic objectives and to maintain a healthy organizational life
- Increasing demonstration and understanding of and commitment to World Vision’s Core Values in the approach to work and relationships
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science/Development Studies/ Sociology/ International Relation or any relevant field
- Computer and Technology literacy; Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Strong experience in using technology including information management database softwares and platforms
- Minimum of 3 year experience in similar or equivalent positions in development sector or sponsorship-focused organization
- Experience in preparing and facilitating training workshops
- Experience in preparing and facilitating training workshops
- World Vision’s experience in development programmes
- Understanding of poverty issues, development theories and sustainable development practices including empowerment approach through community-led activities and advocacy
- Strong project management skills including the ability to plan and budget; manage performance of partners and contractors; monitor, evaluate and communicate results; think strategically and analytically; solve problems; and make appropriate and timely decisions
- Strong people management skills including performance management and capacity building skills (facilitation, mentoring and coaching skills)
- Effective written and oral communications skills including presentation and reporting skills
- Good interpersonal skills and cross-cultural sensitivity. Strong collaboration and partnership skills to mobilize engagement and influence.
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Master’s Degree in Social Science/ Development Studies/ Sociology/ International Relation or any relevant field
- User experience with WV’s data management, information platforms and Horizon SSUI and Horizon Desktop Application
- Knowledge of World Vision’s Technical Programmes and organizational policies and standards, including Child Sponsorship standards
- Will be required to be based in one of WVIN’s operational district and work out of partner NGO’s office
- Will be required to spend at least 50% of work time conducting monitoring and field visits in target municipalities and wards
- Willingness to work outside office hours especially when conducting monitoring/field visits and when hosting sponsor/donor visits
- Must be able to interact with a diverse groups Able to work on a cross-cultural environment with a multi-national staff
- Full adherence to World Vision Child Protection & Adult Safeguuarding, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies.
Candidates fulfilling the criteria mentioned above may send in their complete ‘Curriculum Vitae (CV) with statement of purpose’ by 04 February, 2021 before 17:00 hours to the email, address mentioned below.
Email: [email protected]
For Details: https://careers.wvi.org/job-opportunities-in-nepal
World Vision International Nepal is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourage candidates of diverse background, women and differently abled, to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be called for the subsequent selection procedure.
WVIN reserves all rights to qualify/disqualify applications in any case.
People and Culture Department
World Vision International Nepal