Position: Task Order Manager
Type of Employment:Long Term Technical Assistance
Level of Effort: 130 days (6 months)
Period of Performance: On/about July 01 to January 01, 2021
Base of Operations: Kathmandu, Nepal
USAID/Nepal’s Tayar Nepal– Improved Disaster Risk Management Project (Tayar Nepal) is strengthening the capacity of Nepal’s national and sub-national institutions responsible for disaster risk reduction, preparedness and response. Nationally, Tayar Nepal works with the newly created National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Authority (NDRRMA) and other disaster risk reduction and management (DRRM) entities to improve how national-level systems and institutions address all types of risks caused by natural hazards and technical disasters. Locally, Tayar Nepal works in target municipalities to enhance local DRRM capacity by working with existing and new local bodies and communities to identify and implement successful DRRM initiatives which are consistent with national level policies and guidelines
Component 3 is Tayar Nepal’s rapid response mechanism designed for rapid activation and mobilization in the event of a disaster. While originally conceptualized for use in the event of a large natural disaster such as earthquake or flood, USAID plans to activate Component 3 to enable the project to support the NDRRMA in its response to the Covid-19 pandemic which has taken hold in Nepal. The first task order is expected to focus on the following objectives:
- Prepare municipalities for the socio-economic impacts of the Covid-19 crisis
- Pilot replicable livelihood and economic support activities
- Mobilize financial resources to address urgent recovery needs
The Task Order Manager will provide oversight and management to all activities under Task Order 1 issued under Component 3 of the Tayar Nepal contract. This will include ensuring timely submission of all task order deliverables, providing management support for execution of task order activities, overseeing communications with task order staff, and coordinating reporting and responses to USAID requests under the task order.
Responsibilities and Key Tasks:
The Task Order Manager will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Technical leadership of all activities under Task Order 1 issued under Component 3 of the Tayar Nepal contract, from inception to implementation, and within budget, ensuring USAID expectations and program deliverable targets are met or exceeded.
- Manage communications with all task order staff and subcontractors.
- Ensure deliverables are created and submitted in a timely manner, including by assisting in the editing of deliverables.
- Coordinate responses to USAID requests for information or reporting on task order activities.
- As needed, brief USAID on ongoing task order activities.
- Manage start-up and closedown of all task order activities.
- Provide administrative backstopping, as needed, for task order activities.
- Monitor task order finances and report on finances as necessary, to include notifying the Home Office of need for budget realignments.
- Communicate task order achievements to communications team for inclusion in the project’s overall communications strategy and project profile.
- Other tasks assigned by Chief of Party and Deputy Chief of Party.
- A Master’s degree in a related field with a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Comprehensive project management experience in local and international spheres, including experience on USAID-funded projects.
- Strong experience in economic recovery, livelihoods, and cash-based programming and response, preferred.
- Experience managing donor-funded emergency response initiatives related to natural disasters or pandemics, preferred.
- Well-developed analytical writing skills, communications, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office software.
- Excellent English writing, speaking, and reading skills.
- Experience living and working in Nepal preferred.
Location and Reporting:
The Task Order Manager will be based in Kathmandu, Nepal. S/he will work under the direct supervision of the Chief of Party and in close coordination with the deputy COP, Disaster Preparedness and Response Specialist, technical, cross-cutting, field and operations teams.
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV to [email protected] by Wednesday, June 17, 2020.