CRS is an international NGO based in the United States that works in over 100 countries to promote human development by responding to major emergencies, fighting disease and poverty, and nurturing peaceful and just societies. CRS Nepal implements earthquake recovery and resilience programming in Gorkha and Okhaldhunga districts to provide technical support for reconstruction of earthquake resilient houses, livelihood recovery and WASH. CRS is also carrying out a USAID supported livelihood technical assistance program in provinces 3,5,6 and 7.The Housing Recovery and Reconstruction Platform (HRRP) is led by CRS Nepal from March 2017. CRS plans to extend its Recovery and Resilient program including Covid-19 emergency response program in Nepal. CRS Nepal invites applications from interested Nepalese citizens for the following position:
Emergency and Recovery Manager (1 Position-Based in Lalitpur):
Basic Job Information
|Job Category:||NGO / INGO / Social work|
|Job Level:||Mid Level|
|No. of Vacancy/s:||[ 1 ]|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Apply Before(Deadline):||July 14, 2020, 11:55 p.m|
- Master’s Degree in International Development, International relations or relevant field or Bachelor’s Degree in the above fields with minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience
- Minimum of at least 2-3 years working in emergency and recovery response programming experience
- 5 years of field-based work experience in a program/project management position with an international NGO is preferable
- Strong knowledge of emergency guidelines and standards. Fluency in written and spoken English and Nepali is essential. Demonstrated ability to represent the organization at coordination meetings with donors, local government, UN, and other international NGOs. Experience with emergency proposals and strategy design
- Familiarity with policies, procedures, and priorities of USAID, DFID, UN agencies and Caritas agencies preferred
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information management systems
How To Apply
A detailed job description for the above positions can be obtained by contacting CRS Human Resources Office at [email protected]. Please apply by sending a CV with a cover letter to [email protected] by close of business on 14 July 2020. In the subject line, please indicate the position you are applying for.
By applying to this job, you as the candidate, understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, you understand that if you are a successful candidate, you will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and your personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate your behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted and reimbursement of lodging and transportation will be provided for the shortlisted candidates who travel from districts outside of Kathmandu Valley for written test and interview. CRS is an equal opportunity employer committed to a staff composition that reflects the social and ethnic diversity of Nepali Society. Applicants from disadvantage caste, under-represented ethnic groups, persons with disabilities and women are especially encouraged to apply. CRS Nepal provides many benefits for its staff members including staff development opportunities, paid maternity and paternity leave, nursing hours for nursing mothers, per diems for the child of the staff when staff travel out of station on official business etc.