PHASE Nepal is a not for profit NGO established in 2006 by a group of development professionals dedicated to supporting poor communities in Humla, Bajura, Mugu, Gorkha, Dhading, Chitwan, Nuwakot, Kathmandu, and Sindhupalchok districts of Nepal. For the last 13 years, PHASE Nepal has been improving the livelihoods of rural people by providing immediate support through health care and education services, and create opportunities in communities for self-empowerment. Currently, PHASE Nepal’s projects on health, education, livelihoods, and reconstruction are funded by a number of institutional and individual donors from different countries. PHASE has 200 plus staffs working for different projects.
DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION / REQUIREMENTS:
PHASE Nepal is currently looking for suitable candidates for the following position:
Position: Project Manager
The Project manager will be responsible for overall management of the Project such as planning, implementation, monitoring and overall housing construction Project. S/he must take pro-active role in quality control, coordination, rapport building with Rural Municipality, local communities and also with district level stakeholders.
S/He will be reporting to the Programme Manager.
Duty Station: Field-based (Gorkha)
Required Number: 1 (One)
Gross Salary: NRs. 90,000 (Gross)
- Develop Weekly, monthly and quarterly work plan of the project planning and updates
- Facilitate/support teammates to develop their individual plan, activity planning and implementation guidelines to accomplish the project activities with high level of impact in the community. for accomplishing the planned intervention in stipulate schedule
- Develop a program plan, ensure its smooth implementation, and manage the team’s performance of project tasks and activities
- Ensure that the planned activities under Housing Project activities are timely implemented
- Work closely with Shelter Coordinator, Site Supervisor and support them to design and implement activities related to reconstruction
- Check quality of construction materials during site monitoring and supervison.
- Identify root cause of problem occurring during the course of project implementation and suggest PHASE management in resolving the problem on time
- Ensure that the capacity of the project team members upgraded periodically
- Ensure that cross- cutting programmatic themes are properly addressed at all level of project implementation specifically focusing on child protection, gender mainstreaming and environment protection and DRR
- Track the progress of activities, ensure the collecting of program indicators and provide on-time internal status reports and external donor reports
- Identify and monitor risks, constraints or escalating issues, and inform the hierarchy accordingly
- Coordinate Rural Municipality (RM), District National Reconstruction Authority (NRA) and other organization to undertake smoothly the project activities and up scaling the project impact at bigger level
- Contribute significantly in building partnership with different line agencies by developing strategic relation and alliance
- Ensure that monthly progress report are prepared and submitted to program manager. Analyze the reports periodically (monthly, quarterly, biannually and annually) in connection to achieving the output, out-come, goal and impact
- Other duties as required and requested by concerned authorities.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATION
- MSc Civil Engineering/ Masters in other engineering related subject with 3 yrs of experience in managing reconstruction projects with a demonstrable record of accomplishment of best performance.
- Excellent project management skills, especially related to earthquake resilient rural housing reconstruction plus strong in planning and financial management (proficient in budgeting and using MS- Office)
- Should be able to generate high quality technical as well as narrative reports of the project activities independently.
- Should be open minded, presentable, creative and innovative with decision making and problem solving.
- Proven track record of leading the team in achieving the target of the project
- Willingness and fitness to locatein remote areas
- Fluency in both speaking and written English/Nepali language
We also enroll all our staff in Medical Insurance worth Rs. 2,25,000 (Two Lakh Twenty Five Thousand Only) along with dependent (Spouse, 3 children or Parents) and Accidental Insurance worth Rs. 20,00,000 (Twenty Lakh Only)
How to Apply:
Interested candidates meeting the above-mentioned criteria are requested to follow the link Online Application Form For Project Manager to apply online no later than 12 August 2020. However, we will close the vacancy if we find the appropriate candidate before the application deadline so please apply ASAP. Please apply only if you meet the required qualification and experiences.
PHASE Nepal is an equal opportunities employer and strictly follows the merit-based selection. Qualified female candidates or those from disadvantaged communities or living with a disability are strongly encouraged to apply. PHASE reserves the right to qualify/disqualify applications in any case. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for the further selection process.
No telephone inquiries will be entertained and any inappropriate recommendation will automatically disqualify the candidate from further processing.