Crown Agents is a high impact social enterprise passionate about transforming the future for millions of people. Since our creation in 1833 we have worked across the globe to improve public services and drive economic growth. Our expertise is finding new solutions to difficult problems for clients in the areas of health, governance, economic growth, humanitarian action and supply chain services. We work with and train leaders at local, national and international level to achieve lasting change drawing on our insight and experience.
DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION / REQUIREMENTS:
Appointment: Office Driver, 4 Persons, Crown Agents Nepal
(1-Kathmandu, 1-Surkhet, 1-Achham and 1-Bardiya)
Reports to: Administration Officer
Terms of employment: Fixed Term/Project Employment Contract
The Nepal School Safety Project (NSSP) is one of six projects that comprise the DFID ‘Strengthening Disaster Resilience in Nepal’ programme. Collectively, these projects look to achieve: Increased preparedness and improved capacity of disaster management systems and to build resilience to minimise the impact of natural hazards in Nepal
The Nepal Safer Schools Project (NSSP) is a DFID funded programme that looks to increase school safety in the mid and far west of Nepal. Through retrofitting and reconstruction, disaster risk reduction education, and institutionalization with the Government of Nepal, the NSSP will look to make 200-250 schools safe learning environments.
- In order to achieve this, DFID has contracted Crown Agents (CA) to:
- Provide overall management and leadership to deliver the programme on time and within budget:
- Provide technical support for the design and delivery of agreed outputs and activities;
- Procure equipment and facilities as required, in accordance with the Government of Nepal and DFID’s procurement guidelines;
- Quality assure the work of sub-contract service providers, and monitor, evaluate and provide lessons learnt during implementation and adopted by the Ministry of Education for future school resilience and construction programmes;
- Coordinate and prepare routine and special progress reports and final programme evaluation and impact assessments;
- Support DFID’s and the PIU’s coordination role with external and Government stakeholders.
- Adapt current safe resilient school guidelines to inform the revision and adoption of updated guidelines and management systems.
2. Duties and responsibilities
The Office Driver will be based in Crown Agents Office and will work in close coordination with Operations Team to provide all the administrative support for the smooth functioning of the Crown Agents Nepal Office. Office Driver will work with all the staff of Crown Agents Nepal for the implementation of different projects in Nepal
Specifically, the key responsibilities of the admin assistant will be as below:
Under the overall guidance and immediate supervision of the Administration Officer or supervisor accordingly assigned, the Driver will be responsible for the following duties:
- Drive office vehicles for official purposes.
- Keep the vehicle in clean and good condition.
- Ensure that the staff/visitors arrive at their destination in timely manner.
- Pick and drop official personnel and visitors at the airport.
- Responsible for the day to day maintenance of office vehicles – check oil, water, battery, brakes and tires etc., perform minor repairs and arrange for other repairs, and ensure that the vehicle is kept clean.
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, tool box, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle.
- Keep records of use of vehicle, daily mileage, fuel consumption, oil changes, greasing and other services.
- Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement of accidents.
- Perform the duty as office support assistant while not driving as and when required.
- Communicate/report back on a regular basis/as per the requirement to the supervisor/line manager/staff while in field.
- Collect and deliver mail, pouch, documents and other items as assigned.
- Monitor/Supervise hired vehicle including soft-training to the driver of hired vehicle.
- Deliver necessary documents to bank, GoN office, Donor office etc.
- Undertake other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of 10 Grade passed.
- At least 5 years of driving experience and working as a driver in similar organization (development sector).
- Willingness for frequent travel within the country.
- Flexible to work during off-hours as per the need of office.
- Knowledge of additional skills such as repairs and maintenance of vehicle will have advantage.
- Soft spoken, humble and pleasant personality is must.
- Four wheeler license should be renewed.
To Apply: Interested candidates are requested to send a cover letter, updated CV and list of two references by 23 December, 2019 to [email protected] short-listed candidates will be contacted. Phone calls will not be entertained.