Ipas Nepal is a non-profit international development organization that works to increase women’s ability to exercise their Sexual and Reproductive Health, especially the Right to Safe Abortion. We seek to eliminate Unsafe Abortion and the resulting deaths and injuries and to expand women’s access to Comprehensive Abortion Care, including contraception and related reproductive health information and care.
DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION / REQUIREMENTS:
Ipas Nepal- Job Vacancy
Ipas works globally to increase women’s ability to exercise their sexual and reproductive rights and to reduce abortion-related deaths and injuries. We seek to expand the availability, quality and sustainability of abortion and related reproductive health services, as well as improve the enabling environment for the services. Ipas believes that no woman or girl should have to risk her life or health because she lacks safe reproductive health choices. For its new project phase beginning from July 1, 2020, Ipas Nepal is seeking to hire qualified and committed candidate for the position advertised.
Position: Project Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Type: Fixed Term position, from July 1, 2020 till June 30, 2021
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will report to the RME Senior Advisor and is responsible for coordinating monitoring, evaluation and reporting activities under the award. The project Monitoring and Evaluation Officer supports in the development and management of the Performance Monitoring Plan.
Detailed duties and responsibilities for the position include as follows:
- Support project team in the development and implementation of an M&E system and oversee routine program monitoring activities. Ensure the quality and relevance of the project’s monitoring and evaluation design.
- Continually assess project progress and inform project management decision-making.
- Support to train staff of partner NGOs in data collection methodology and in the M & E system, in general. Assist the various program teams in data analysis.
- Ensure the quality of M&E related data to be collected throughout the program implementation.
- Document results of the M & E system and produce periodic reports as required.
- Conduct need-based monitoring visits, joint visits with program or evaluation team in program districts.
- Maintains close communication with R&E NC for technical issues and validation of data.
- Communicate with relevant team about sharing data/information, problems in the field.
Qualification and Experiences Requirement:
- Candidate must have Master’s degree in statistics, demographics, population studies, or related field.
- With 3 years or more of experience on monitoring and evaluation on health project.
- Proven success in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages.
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and/performance monitoring plans.
- Experience developing and refining data collection tools.
- Experience with data quality assessments and oversight.
- Well-organized, with ability to track multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work successfully in a cross-cultural, team-based, global environment.
- Has strong written and spoken communications skills in English and Nepali language.
- Flexible to adapt to challenging work environment.
- Willing to travel on field visits 30% to the project areas.
- For the position advertised eligible candidates are requested to visit Ipas global website to submit online application.
- Interested candidates should submit application along with up-to-date curriculum vitae.
- In the application subject mention the position you are applying for.
Please submit your online application through the link given:
Application deadline, Tuesday, June 2, 2020.
Equal Opportunity and Commitment to Diversity
Ipas is strongly committed to providing a work environment that is free from all forms of harassment, discrimination, and inequity. We recruit, employ, train, promote, and compensate our personnel without regard to race, age, sex, religion, national origin, color, creed, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, or any other personal characteristic protected by law.
We value all staff and strive to make employment at Ipas enjoyable and satisfying. As part of our commitment, we will not tolerate any form of discrimination towards employees, or applicants.
Qualified women candidates and candidates particularly from disadvantaged and socially excluded/marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further selection process. Telephone inquiries will not be entertained. Canvassing at any stage of the recruitment process shall lead to automatic disqualification and Ipas Nepal reserves the rights on the final candidate selection.