PACE -Nepal Jumla, is a reputed NGO of Karnali region, invites application from qualified, committed and experienced individuals for the following position for Adapting to Climate-Induced Threats to Food Production and Food Security (CAFS-Karnali) in the Karnali region of Nepal in Jumla district. The positions are initially for Three-year program funded by UN World Food Program (WFP), possibility of extension and will be based in Jumla district. The candidates are required to meet the following qualification with demonstrated competencies in planning, management, implementation, monitoring and reporting of the project.
Position: Ranger (Tila Rural Municipality, Tatopani & Hima Jumla)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Job Location : Tila Rural Municipality, Tatopani & Hima Jumla
• Intermediate level in Forestry or relevant subject from recognized university
• More than 3 years of work experience with forest user group
• Practical experience in CFUG work plans preparation, forestry inventory and conflict management
• Proven skill in social mobilization; communication and computer skills
• Should demonstrate good command of English and Nepali language both written and spoken with good computer skills and excellent interpersonal skills
• Candidates must have willingness to work in the field and with multiple partners, poor and disadvantaged groups even in adverse situation.
• Identify the possible forest base livelihood opportunities and intensify at the community level.
• will be responsible to the empowerment of the community on the theme of forest conservation and sustainable utilization
• Link with environment-friendly processing technologies of the NTFPs
• Should be responsible for the feasibility study of the forest-based enterprises
• Update and revise the CFUGs operational plan and rules in participatory ways to ensure the representation of the vulnerable community in the forest conservation and management.
• Support to set up the Nursery and seedling of high values Herbs to increase livelihood of the community
• Ranger will be responsible to cancelling to the community for plantation in their open land.
• Ranger will be responsible to strengthen the Forest governance at local level
• Ranger will be responsible to Develop the forest base technical design , estimate and technical sound work for sustainable development
• Ranger will be responsible to conduct the formative study to recommend the appropriate solution to address the food insecurity effected by the climate change in local context.
• Support to the FO, and PC to assist the local government to develop forest development plan, program and guideline at local level.
• Support to team mobilization to achieve the result of the forest Development in line of the climate change and their mitigation and adaptation measures
• Ranger will be responsible to support communities in establishing forest base entrepreneurship.
• Development and implement plan for controlling land erosion, land slide and promote soil conservation through bioengineering process.
• Responsible to enhance the High values NTFPs domestication and commercialization to to ensure maximum benefits from the local forest resources
The salary will be given as per the organizational rules and regulations.
Last date to apply: 7 January 2020
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are requested to send a complete application along with updated CV with the name of two references, a recent passport size photograph with their contact address mail/mobile/telephone. Application should be reached not later than 7th Jan 2020 from the first date of publication to: [email protected], www.pacenepal.org/strong> or PACE Nepal Jumla.
Only short listed candidates will be called for an interview.