Group of Helping Hands (SAHAS) Nepal is a non-profit making non-governmental-organization founded in 1996 by a team of professional development workers, who for many years had been involved in Rural Development Programs. The organization has since then successfully implemented various projects in the sectors of sustainable agriculture and food security, natural resource management, climate change, community empowerment, social mobilization, lobby and advocacy, civic education, disaster response and reconstruction and infrastructure (water, sanitation, roads and bridges) development. At present, the organization is implementing several projects in a total of 22 districts of Nepal.
SAHAS Nepal is looking the potential candidates for the following position:
Position: Project Officer
Duty station: Dailekh and Mugu districts
Required number: 2
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Social work, environment, development studies with at least two years experience in relevant field or Master’s degree prefer in relevant field
- Good skill in community development, empowerment, networking, lobby and advocacy
- Good communication and analytical skills
- Knowledge on financial management and staff supervision and development
- Good coordination, communication with community and different stakeholders
- Fluent in oral and written Nepali and English language
- Good coordination skills and efficient team player
- Provide technical support to the district project team in planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting of the field activities in line with the project goal and objectives
- Keep all the project staffs updated on project requirement; implementation guideline, tools and procedure for their understanding and use
- Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly, semi-annually and annually report to the focal person
- Review project budget, track the expenditure of budget regularly
- Organise review meeting of the project at district, identify the gaps and issues and take the action accordingly for the further improvement
- Coordinate with rural municipality level line agencies and like-minded organisations to develop the synergy in programs
Salary and Benefits: As per the rules and regulations of SAHAS Nepal.
Application procedure: Interested candidates are requested to submit an updated CV with cover letter showing their interest with two referees to [email protected]
Deadline for submission of applications is 6th December 2019
Telephone enquiries will not be entertained. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further screening process. SAHAS Nepal reserves the right to reject any or all applications.
(Women, Dalits, Marginalize are encouraged to apply for the announced positions.)