Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract
Contract duration: 31st December 2020
Project Area: Nawalparasi East and Nawalparasi West
Number of positions: 1
Expected starting date: 22nd July 2020.
- Prepare and plan food security and livelihood activities in the Palikas/districts
- Participate in the coordination, communication, linkages and community/social mobilisation related to the implementation of the food security and livelihood activities
- Supervise the implementation and ensures the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning of the food security and livelihood activities
- Participate in logistic, administrative financial and procedures, related to the FSL activities
- Team management (when needed)
- Represent Action Against Hunger in FSL meetings/discussions/clusters/fora as and when necessary.
- Contribute to the development and strengthening of FSL activities of Action Against Hunger in nepal
- Proactively support ACFs commitments to gender equality, child protection and disability sensitivity
Qualifications and Required Skills:
- Master’s degree in, Agriculture, Agronomy, Agricultural Economics, Farm Management and Climate Change Adaptation, or relevant discipline with at least three years of experience in related field – or – Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Agronomy, Agricultural Economics, Farm Management and Climate Change Adaptation,or relevant discipline with at least Five years of professional experience
- At least with 2 years of experience with humanitarian and development agencies on FSL, climate Change or Rural development project
- Experience of supervising FSL, climate Change or Rural development project implementation
- Necessary experience of working with local NGO implementing partners
- Strong computer literacy and knowledge of database and spread sheet applications such as excel is essential, statistical and other M&E applications software e.g. ENA, SPSS etc.
- Solid knowledge of climate change adaptation
- Strong understanding of MEAL activities and processes
- Excellent interpersonal, networking, negotiation and communication skills
- Excellent oral and written skills in Nepali and English
- Strong analytical skills
- Sensitive and responsive to Gender, Age Diversity and Social Inclusion
- Ability to manage short deadlines and intense pressure
- Highly organised with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Innovative problem solver
- Results oriented
- Comfortable in remote work environments
How to Apply
Interested Nepali applicants with suitable skills are requested to submit a motivation letter, updated CV with two referees through email: [email protected] by 10th July 2020 by 5 pm Nepal time. The Vacancy Reference (ACFFSLNAWSPO) must be mentioned in the title of the email otherwise the application may be disqualified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further process. Action Against Hunger reserves the right to reject any or all applications. Telephonic enquiries will not be entertained.
Action Against Hunger | Action Contre la Faim is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women, people with disabilities and members from disadvantaged /underrepresented ethnic groups.