United Nations Population Fund
Position: Programme Associate
Number of Vacancies: 3
Job Location: UNFPA sub offices in Dhangadhi, Butwal and Janakpur
Purpose of consultancy:
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Regional Development Coordinator, the Programme Associate provides quality programme support to technical and programme personnel and contributes to the efficient and effective delivery of programme results under the UNFPA Eight Country Programme for Nepal. S/He will follow all the corporate policies and procedures. S/He will apply the established systems and procedures and assist in the creation of substantive knowledge by compiling, synthesizing and analysing information relevant to population and development, reproductive health, and gender issue.
Required expertise, qualifications and competencies, including language requirements:
• Completed Secondary School level education.
• First level university degree in public health, population, economics, demography and/ or other related social sciences is preferable.
Knowledge and Experience:
• Seven years of relevant experience in programme and administrative work.
• Experience in social sector/programme development/research would be an asset
• Knowledge of results based management
• Working in teams
• Time management and multi-tasking ability
• Knowledge of financial management
• Excellent English language skills
• Ability to express clearly and concisely ideas and concepts in written and oral form
• Excellent knowledge of computer systems and applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Last date to apply: 4 November 2019