STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced University degree in International Affairs, Economics, Nutrition/Health, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Social Sciences or other field relevant to international development assistance, or First University Degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
Language: International Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language. Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese.
National Professional: Excellent oral and written proficiency in English and Nepali.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
Knowledge & Skills
- Must be familiar with MS office;
- Nepali Typing skill is an asset;
- Driving skills with valid license is an advantage.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Has gained experience in implementing technical programs (i.e. nutrition, etc.).
- Has implemented programmes and provided input into designing operations.
- Has provided input into policy discussions and decisions.
- Three to five years’ experience of programme design/planning, programme fund administration, financial and human resource management, coordination, emergency assistance, and/or operational aspects of food assistance or relief operations;
- Has taken leadership of implementing development/humanitarian programme,
- Has experience in the design and/or implementation of development programmes;
- Has provided input into policy discussions and decisions;
- Has experience in liaising with government partners, has good negotiation skills and ability to communicate effectively and is a team player;
- Has knowledge and experience of result-based management (RBM) methodologies and tools (project and programme management, design, monitoring and evaluation) and report writing;
- General knowledge of UN system policies, rules, regulations and procedures in the area of work is an advantage.