- Category: Communications / Broadcasting
- Position Type: Contract
- Experience: Please check vacancy details.
- Openings: 1
- Education: Please check vacancy details
- City: Kathmandu
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
|Job Title||Communication Officer|
|Strategic Business Unit||Business Support Service||Location||Kathmandu|
|Reports to||Marketing and Communication Manager||Pay Band||H|
|Duration of job||Short Term Contract of 3 months without extension|
The Communications Officer will create and deliver outputs related to internal and external communication, planning and delivery including press releases, stakeholder communications within the country. These outputs will reinforce the British Council’s position as a cultural relations organisation with high quality products and services that positively change lives.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAIN DUTIES
- Prepare publicity material, including press releases, and proactively seek coverage of the British Council activities in print and broadcast media, recording these for monitoring purposes.
- Identify and developed stories, case studies from all areas of operation for wider communication and sharing, internally and externally.
- Website management with accurate, up to date and correct information.
- Nepal content management in internal intranet with accurate, update and correct information.
- Collect contents for the monthly e-newsletter and sent to contacts on time.
- Manage all social media following BC’s guidelines.
- Manage basic designing of communication materials using photoshop e.g social media posts, web banners etc.
- Ensure that brand values are embedded in all programmes, projects, products and services
- Ensure coordination and cooperation with the all team with regard to shared interests
- Ensure that the FABS system is followed for any procurement under the assigned budget.
- Relevant degree e.g. communications, journalism, or equivalent level of experience
- Demonstrable experience in creating communications outputs for different audiences across different platforms
- Demonstrable experience in managing social media platforms with experience of running digital campaigns and promotion.
- Excellent spoken and written Nepali and English language skills
- Experience in supporting communication campaigns across sectors, products and services including promoting messages relating to value propositions
- Demonstrable experience in adaptation and systematically managing content for different communication platforms.
For detail job description please go through the link below:
Application Form is available on the link below:
Please submit your CV and Application Form to [email protected] latest by Sunday October 21, 2018 by 5:00 PM Nepali Standard Time. Please note that late applications will not be considered. Kindly put your email subject as “Application for Communication Officer”
Selected individual is expected to start from November 1, 2018.
The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity. British Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all of its partners to share this commitment. In line with the British Council’s Child Protection policy, any appointment is contingent on thorough checks. In the UK, and in other countries where appropriate systems exist, these include criminal records checks.