KOSHISH is a nongovernmental organization, as a national self-help organization it is working in the field of mental health and psychosocial wellbeing in Nepal. The word “KOSHISH” means “making an effort”. KOSHISH works in a twin-track approach; advocacy and service delivery. Since 2008, advocacy for inclusion and dignity of people with mental health and psychosocial issues and transforming lives of people living in vulnerable conditions has been at the forefront of KOSHISH’s goals with UNCRPD, 2006 at its core.
Number of Vacancies: 1
Job Location : Tanahu
Education Level : Master
Experience Required : More than or equals to 3 years
Professional Skill Required : Documentation, Teamwork, Counselling
- Expertise in development of the training modules and facilitation thereof for the community health workers in the project area
- Proven experience of providing Psychosocial Counseling, empathetic communication, familiarity with the psychosocial model of counseling, monitoring and follow up of the persons who received counseling
- Ability to work in a team and to take initiative for the activities in the concerned domain
- Good documentation skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint etc.
- Extremely flexible, and should be capable of coping with excessive workloads and hard deadlines
- Preferences will be given to the candidates having experience in community based mental health projects
- To develop and facilitate training and orientation on Mental Health and Psychosocial Support Services for health professionals and community stakeholders in the project target areas
- To develop the plan and provide the psychosocial counselling to needy beneficiaries
- To monitor and follow up the people living with mental health and psycho-social conditions in the project targeted areas
- Capacity building of project team for development and facilitation of community orientation and sensitization programs, reporting, documentation, and social mobilization.
- To support the health facilities, municipalities and other local stakeholders such as schools, religious centers etc. in the project target areas to establish and conduct the mental health and psycho-social support programs
- To develop strong networking and collaboration with stakeholders related to the project
- To ensure proper documentation of the intervention’s activities in the project target areas
- To represent KOSHISH and the projects in various communities and the forums in the project target areas
- Any other task assigned by the organization relevant to the job description as above said
- Job Description might be upgraded based on organizational and project requirements
- Salary for the above said position: Negotiable as per competence and experience
Last date to apply: 18 December, 2020
HOW TO APPLY
Interested Candidates are requested to send their updated CV along with a cover letter and scanned copies of academic certificates and relevant work experience. Email: [email protected] not later than 18th December, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for the interview. KOSHISH reserves the right to its discretion in selecting the candidates for filling the vacancies as above said.