DAI seeks a Finance and Administration Manager for the USAID Paani Program. The Finance and Administration manager will provide overall management of the finance, grants, subcontracts, human resources, and administration of the project. This position will supervise all staff activities related to human resources, administration, and finance including but not limited to overseeing monthly expenses reporting, all financial reporting to the Nepalese Government Authorities and payroll administration. This position will also assist Paani Senior Operations Manager on managing grants and subcontracts.
Position: Finance and Administration Manager
Level of Effort: One Year Full-time, Fixed Term Contract, with possibility of extension
Period of Performance: on/about December 1, 2018 – November 30, 2019
Base of Operations: Kathmandu, with frequent travel to Field Office in Nepalgunj
The Paani Program—also known in Nepali as the “USAID Water Project”—is a 5 year, $25 million USAID-funded Project in Nepal. Water is the single most important natural resource underpinning Nepal’s economy and livelihoods. Inclusive, the sustainable management of water resources in Nepal depends on addressing climate change and protecting healthy, biodiverse ecosystems. The Paani Program aims to enhance Nepal’s ability to manage water resources for multiple uses and users through climate change adaptation and the conservation of freshwater biodiversity. Through activities at the watershed, basin and national scales, Paani aims to reduce threats to freshwater biodiversity and strengthen the resilience of targeted communities in the Karnali, Mahakali and Rapti river basins to adapt to the adverse impacts of climate change through improved water resource management.
The Finance and Administration Manager will be based in the project headquarters office in Kathmandu and will provide overall management of the finance, grants, subcontracts, human resources, and administration of the project. This position will supervise all staff activities related to human resources, administration, and finance including but not limited to overseeing monthly expenses reporting, all financial reporting to the Nepalese Government Authorities and payroll administration. This position will also assist Paani Senior Operations Manager on managing grants and subcontracts. The Finance and Administration Manager will report to the Paani Senior Operations Manager.
Finance and Accounting
• Oversee all field accounting procedures, ensuring that they are compliant with local laws, local tax regulations, DAI policies and procedures, and USAID regulations.
• Manage project financial document and reporting and ensure all documentation is audit ready
• Working with both external and internal audit for all audit works.
• Review and send field reports to the Home Office in a timely manner.
• Manage the field office budget, including tracking field costs to ensure that they do not run over budget.
• Supervise all project finance staff.
Human Resources & Payroll
• Manage the project’s human resources department in coordination with the DAI HR Manual and local labor law.
• Oversee the recruitment, negotiations, hiring, evaluation and termination of employees/consultants in consultation with the Chief of Party and senior management staff.
• Ensure that HR files are maintained with all necessary documentation.
• Manage subcontractors recruitment and LOE tracking
• Oversee payroll procedures: make sure timesheets are available, completed correctly and submitted on time.
• Ensure that all employees are registered with the appropriate government agencies and ensure that proper income taxes and social charges are withheld.
• Supervise HR Officer
Administrative and Operations Management
• Assist Senior Operation Manager on maintaining DAI Global LLC registrations and its requirement as per local law
• Assist Senior Operation Manager to oversee all field administrative policies and procedures, ensuring that they address project needs and compliant with local laws and USAID regulations.
• Assist Senior Operations Manager on managing grants, procurement and subcontracts
• Maintain office building lease agreement and relationships with office building landlord.
• Maintain expat housing lease agreement and relationships with house/apartment’s landlord.
• Manage any process related with custom for project / expat shipment
• Maintain and managing expat visa
• Maintenance and procurement of all computer equipment, office furniture and office supplies.
• Ensure proper inventory of all project property.
• Manage and maintain office facilities
• Supervise Office Manager
Responsible for other duties, as assigned by the Chief of Party.
Level of Effort/Timeline
The level of effort is 260 days per year. The employment contract will be on a yearly basis, with possible extensions until the close of the project on December 16, 2020. The Finance and Administrative Manager will be based in Kathmandu, with frequent travel to Field Office in Nepalgunj and throughout the Mahakali, Karnali, and Rapti River basins and occasional travel to other parts of Nepal.
The Finance and Admin Manager will work under the direct technical supervision of the Senior Operations Manager. The Finance and Admin Manager will also receive technical guidance from Paani Chief of Party or designees.
• B.A. Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Human Resources or equivalent.
• 9+ years of relevant experience and progressive responsibility in finance and accounting, office administration, project operations at the mid-level of an organization
• Experience in financial management of donor funded projects
• Experience managing Human Resources, including knowledge of local labor laws
• Demonstrated knowledge of internal controls and audit processes (e.g. procurement, local subcontract agreements, etc.)
• An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and appropriate professional image
• An extremely well organized and self-directed individual with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment, and strong operational focus
• Previous USAID experience is highly desired
• At least two years of management experience required
• Fluency in English is required
Last date to apply: October 28, 2018.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should submit a CV and cover letter to PANI_recruitment@dai.com by October 28, 2018.
Please mention the position in the subject line of the email.
This job announcement was published in Himalayan Times on 10 October 2018