Handicap International Federation (HI) is an independent and impartial aid organization, created in 1982, working across 63 countries. HI works alongside the vulnerable populations, whatever the context, taking action to respond to their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights. Present in Nepal since 2000, HI works through a network of local partner organizations in the area of physical and functional rehabilitation, economic inclusion, inclusive education, disaster risk reduction & climate change adaptation and inclusive health services including emergency response to improve the living conditions and involvement of the most vulnerable populations in Nepal.
Physical Rehabilitation Activity (PRA) is 6 years programme funded by USAID, which is aiming to integrate rehabilitation service in the Health System. The activity started in June 2019 and is working closely with government authorities, Disability People Organizations (DPOs); physiotherapy unit in District hospitals; private rehabilitation services providers and rehabilitation professional associations. PRA supports the establishment of a sustainable, integrated, public-private rehabilitation system in order to improve the mobility and functional independence of persons with physical disabilities and other individuals in need of rehabilitation services. It has three objectives: (1) the quality of rehabilitation services is strengthened (2) access to rehabilitation service is increased and (3) sustainability of the PRCs is strengthened.
HI Nepal invites application for the following position in PRA team:
1. MEAL & IM Officer – 1 position
Terms & Conditions: One-year Fixed Term contract with possibility of extension
Location: Country Office, Kathmandu, Nepal with required field visit
- Overall responsibilities of MEAL activities of assigned project
- Implement and Monitor the Project’s MEAL Plan following HI Project Quality Policy
- Enhance capacity of project and partner team members for effective implementation of MEAL plan and maintaining beneficiary database management; collect beneficiary data from the field
- Strengthen accountability mechanism through information sharing and ensuring participation
- Strengthen learning and good practices documentation; facilitate to ensure reviews meetings and project evaluations as per MEAL plan
- Facilitate monitoring and evaluation visits and missions
- Provide technical support to partners on MEAL activities
- Provide training to partners’ staff to implement MEAL activities
- Support Chief of Party and Regional MEAL Manager to conduct operational research
- Support utilization of HMIS Rehabilitation Module by rehabilitation stakeholders
Qualification and Skills Required:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Management, Health or related field with minimum 5 years of relevant working experience or Master’s Degree in Social Sciences, Management or Health related field with minimum 3 years of relevant working experience in data management and MEAL practices focused on Health or Rehabilitation activities
- Strong Knowledge of MEAL practices/approaches, mobile data collection (SurveyCTO, ODK, KoBo) data management and analysis including use of SPSS
- Knowledge on Health Management Information System (HMIS)
- Knowledge on conducting operational research, qualitative and qualitative study
- Knowledge on disability and rehabilitation sector would be added advantage
- Knowledge on GIS and powerBi would be added value
- Good communication, team player and interpersonal skill
Please send a motivation letter mentioning your expected salary and an updated CV including 2 referees (one must be your current line manager) with contact number and e-mail address to [email protected] no later than 24th July 2023. HI Nepal reserves the right to cancel, postpone or modify the whole recruitment process and reject any application without specifying any reasons whatsoever.
Handicap International (HI) is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women, people with disability, and members from disadvantaged communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
HI firmly believe in the importance of inclusion and diversity within our organization. This is why we are committed to a disability policy to encourage the inclusion and integration of people with disabilities. Please indicate if you require any special accommodations, including participation in the first interview.
Candidates applying for a job with HI must be ready to comply with our Child Protection Policy, and Policy on Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment. HI Nepal has a zero tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the values and mission of HI, hence, all selected candidates are expected to adhere to these standards and principles.