DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION / REQUIREMENTS:
Position: WASH Technician
Education level: Intermediate, Bachelors, Diploma, CTEVT course
Experience: At least 3 years of experience as a WASH Technician in Solar lifting system, Certified as a Drinking Water & Sanitation Technician. Experience in rural WASH infrastructures(intake, reservoir tank, valve chambers, tap-stands). The WASH Technician in conjunction with Social Mobilizer will have to mobilize and motivate the local community in support, monitor the WASH construction activities and their sustainability.
- Must be professional, detail-oriented, time management skills.
- Willingness and enthusiasm to work with a vulnerable and marginalized group.
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure.
- Good interpersonal, communication, and coordination skills.
- Good technical skills in terms of Drinking Water Supply projects.
- Oversee the effective implementation of the project in coordination with the Provincial coordinator and Program Manager.
- Checking technical designs and drawings to ensure that they are followed correctly.
- Training of community members, VMW of WUSC in operation and maintenance of installed systems including water supply, solar, and water treatment.
- Assessing the environmental impacts and risks connected to projects.
- Managing, directing, and monitoring progress during each phase of the project.
- Judging whether the project is workable by assessing materials, costs, and time requirements.
- Preparing site reports and filing in other paper works.
- Responsible for all the technical and non-technical training to be provided to the community members in each phase of the project.
- Make sure that all concerned procurement and logistics policies are followed during the project implementation.
- Creatively solve problems that arise with communities and local authorities in providing WASH solutions.
- Ensure that all project activities are in accordance with the budgets available and being implemented on schedule.
- Coordinating with local skilled and unskilled laborers to ensure the project is being done according to the design.
This position is based in Ichchakamana Rural Municipality, Chitwan district.
Priority will be given to the candidates from Chitwan district i.e Kurintar, Ichchakamana, Mugling, Adibasi/ Janjati/ Dalit/ Female. Interested candidates are requested to send their application with C.V, Copy of citizenship and Cover/Application letter mentioning their expected salary for the applied position at [email protected] by 25th July 2023
Candidates who submits above mentioned documents shall be considered for the further shortlisting process.