European Union (EU)
The European Union Delegation to Nepal is looking for: Accounts clerk
Position: Accounts clerk
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 27 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
The EU Delegation to Nepal aims to strengthen EU-Nepal relations.
We offer a post of Accounts clerk . Under this post, the recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Delegation.
Upon recruitment, the successful candidate will occupy a specific job function as Accounts clerk – this job function may be changed in accordance with the needs of the Delegation. Under this job function the successful candidate will serve as technical and support staff to the administration section under the supervision and responsibility of the relevant head of section.
The Accounts clerk position will assist the Head of Section in accounting, budgeting and finance but also in other administrative areas such as human resources management (including payroll) and logistics.
The post is based in Kathmandu, Nepal, for a regular 37,5 working hours per week (office hours 9:00 to 17:00), associated with a job profile and salary grid position in Function Group III, corresponding to a starting basic salary at NPR 100,222 per month, or higher depending on prior, and documented, relevant experience.
We offer a competitive position in an international environment. Benefits, such as additional pension scheme and medical insurance, are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
1. Medically fit to perform the required duties;
2. Enjoys civil rights and permits for employment under local law;
3. Good level in English (B1 level in CEFR) and Nepali (equivalent to C2 level);
4. Minimum 5 years of proven experience in either finance, audit or accounting management;
5. Vocational/technical school certificate in Business Administration, Economics, Accounting / Financial Management or in a similar, related field
The following will be considered an asset:
1. University degree in Business Administration, Economics, Accounting/ Financial Management or in a similar, related field;
2. Experience in another diplomatic mission or in a multi-cultural environment;
3. Knowledge of accounting software(s).
Deadline for applications is: Friday 7 May 2021
HOW TO APPLY