Position: Programme Associate (Trainee)
DCA Nepal have been supporting the development work in Nepal since the 1980s. Currently we focus on the following sectors to improve the life of the most marginalised communities in some of the most remote and vulnerable regions of Nepal, through a rights-based approach. Gender, Social Inclusion and Climate Change are our cross-cutting areas of work:
- Inclusive Citizenship for Accountable Governance
- Resilient Livelihoods and Sustainable Food Security
- Humanitarian Response and Disaster Risk Reduction
We are looking for a female candidate for the position of Programme Associate (Trainee), who is keen to build foundation for challenging and rewarding career in an international development environment through hands-on knowledge and practical experience. This is a one year Trainee opportunity.
You will be based at Nepal Country Office, Kathmandu with field travel as required and will report to Head of Programme. You will be responsible as administrative support in documenting Partner’s information; compiling, updating and sharing programme reports; making operational arrangements in organising Programme events/meetings, effective coordination with finance team specifically on project related organizational documents, fund transfers, partner reports, audit reports and maintain web based (Intranet) data management system.
Following are the specific expectations from the Trainee:
- Support Programme Team in compilation of the reports/informations received from the partners, coordinate with the partners for timely reporting.
- Support Programme team in qualititative completion of the PPM steps, mainly for the DANIDA and internal projects
- Creat projects online (using ERP software and Intranet) and document both online (uploading in the DCA intranet system) and maintain perfect filing system for all programme, partner and project files in resource library.
- Provide logistics support in organising and coordination for programme related events/meetings and prepare its minutes
- Provide updated new/emerging knowledge/information data on priority themes (three programmes) for organisational learning, programmes understanding, approaches and documentation
- Support the Communciation team in sharing Programme / Project related information, workshop documents
- Work as the focal point of intranet and retrieve necessary information as and when required.
- Conduct online research as and when required, for the purpose of proposals writing, reports writing, organisational publications, etc
- Work closely with the Finance team to document all the necessary documents in the intranet and coordinate for project related organisational documents, fund transfers, partner reports, audit reports etc
What you bring
- Master’s Degree in Agriculture/ Climate Change/ Disaster Risk Management/ Human Rights/ Development Studies/ Environmental Studies/ Social Sciences
- Effective verbal and written communictions both in English and Nepali languages
- Ability to undertake administrative tasks and multitasking
- Good coordination, networking and interpersonal skills
- Good knowledge in MS Applications with excellent Excel-database management
- Good organisational and prioritisation proficiency skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Should be proactive, creative and have great learning attitude and dynamism.
What we offer
- A one-year contract
- An attractive salary and benefits package
- 4 weeks of paid vacation leave
- Insurance as per DCA Nepal office agreements
- Learning and development opportunities
- An opportunity to make a difference and improve the lives of communities DCA is working with in Nepal
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Only applications consisting as a minimum of the below will be considered:
(i) Cover Letter (max 1 page),
(ii) CV (max 2 pages) and
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for application will be midnight Danish time, 24 January 2021.
For further information please visit our website: https://www.danchurchaid.org/where-we-work/nepal
All interested irrespective of age, gender, race, religion or ethnic affiliation are encouraged to apply for the vacancy. Your application must consist of a cover letter and a CV.
DCA conducts an anti-terror check as part of the recruitment process. It is a prerequisite that you can pass this check and maintain this status throughout your employment with us.
Everyone applying for a job with DCA must be ready to comply with our Staff Policy on Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment and our Child Safeguarding policy.
Contact: The Human Resources, [email protected]
Telephone inquiry will not be entertained
Deadline: 24/01 2021
Contact person: HR Manager,