Locations: Kathmandu, Nepal
Time type: Full time
Job requisition id: Requisition – 2022200749
Technical Advisor is responsible for advising and leading HIV-related clinical activities carried out by FHI 360/EpiC Nepal by implementing minimum HIV program requirements as well as strategic priorities, approaches and activities. The Technical Advisor also provides technical assistance and guidance in designing, implementing, and monitoring the continuum of HIV prevention, care, support, and treatment (CoPCT) services as envisaged and planned in EpiC Nepal and also coordinates with the Government of Nepal and key stakeholders to provide technical assistance in national HIV response.
- Lead the design, implementation, monitoring, and documentation of CoPCT services under EpiC Nepal.
- Ensure implementation minimum HIV program requirements as well as strategic priorities, approaches, and activities at the national, sub-national, and project levels.
- Review national and international policies, protocols and strategies, guidelines and manuals on HIV and lead and coordinate to revise/update the national and project guidelines and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Assess the replicability/usefulness of different models and approaches tried elsewhere for better targeting for HIV response in Nepal.
- Lead and coordinate to design, develop, implement, and monitor new and innovative strategies, approaches and technologies in CoPCT services including, but not limited to, self-testing, use of mobile phone and test for triage and provide and/or ensure technical support to EpiC implementing partner agencies (IPs) and sub-IPs for implementation of in new initiatives and technologies.
- Coordinate, provide and/or facilitate technical assistance to FHI 360/EpiC Nepal staff and partners.
- Ensure quality of technical activities and provide technical guidance to Program-technical staff through regular technical updates
- Ensure that project activities adhere to the WHO, global and national strategies, or guidelines; and national and international standards are met.
- Lead and coordinate to track and follow up on program-related issues on a regular basis and share updated information to the Program and Technical Units.
- Contribute to the preparation of technical documents, program reports, monthly updates and documentation of technical/programs, best practices and operational research on a regular basis including paper publications, abstracts, newsletters, success stories, and reports.
- Contribute to the development of IEC/SBC materials, training curriculum and other program-related materials as needed.
- Support the Project Director and Deputy Project Director to ensure effective implementation of the program strategies and achievement of key results and targets.
- Support Project Director and Deputy Project Director to coordinate and collaborate with FHI 360/EpiC HQ on technical issues and updates. Coordinate technical calls with HQ and regional technical assistance providers and ensure implementation of relevant recommendations.
- Maintain good relations with FHI 360/EpiC Nepal partner organizations and external agencies.
- Identify and facilitate the planning of technical assistance & hiring of consultants (local, regional and international) in accordance with program needs, including identifying consultants, negotiating scopes of work and rates
- Manage and supervise the Technical Unit.
- Contribute to develop country program strategy, operational plans and budgets
- Provide technical leadership to identify key strategic interventions which can be implemented at the national level to strengthen the national response and in implementing FHI 360/EpiC Nepal program activities.
- Represent FHI 360/EpiC Nepal in external functions as needed at the national, provincial and district level
- Participate in National HIV Technical Working Groups (TWG) meeting and in regular coordination meetings with high-level Government officials from Ministry of Health and Population, and other relevant Ministries, National Centre for AIDS and STD Control (NCASC), National Public Health Laboratory (NPHL) and other key stakeholders.
- Coordinate with other technical agencies (Save the Children/GFATM, UNAIDS, UNICEF, WHO, AHF etc.) to ensure consistent technical directions and coordinated programming at the national level.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key decision-makers in the Government; present clear technical justifications for strategic directions; and negotiate successfully for Government of Nepal support for the required interventions.
- Provide technical support to periodically review and update the national guidelines and training curriculum and materials as well as project SOPs in line with international including WHO policies, guidelines and training curriculum.
- Conduct Technical updates on pertinent and cutting-edge topics and issues both in house and to a larger audience at the national, regional and district level.
- Advocate for the use of innovative strategies, approaches, and technologies in CoPCT services at the national level
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Country Director, Project Director – EpiC Nepal and supervisor.
- Medical Doctor with Public Health degree.
- At least seven years of technical and management experience in the health sector in Nepal in the field related to HIV and AIDS.
- Strong current technical knowledge of HIV clinical services
- Ability to work independently and multi-task with minimal supervision and working in teams.
- Good computer knowledge and skills.
- Excellent oral and written English skills required.
- Ability to interact with technical experts at the national and international level including key technical staff from FHI 360 HQs, Regional Office and other FHI 360 country offices as well as other national and international technical agencies and stakeholders
Deadline for application is extended to 5:00 p.m. July 1, 2022.
Please note that this position is for Nepali citizen only.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
To apply for this job please visit fhi.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.