Position: Communications Specialist
Project/Activity: USAID/Nepal MEL
Highest Level of Education: Minimum bachelor’s degree in communications, knowledge management, international development, or related field
Work Experience: 3-5 years
Panagora Group is a woman-owned small business (WOSB) providing novel and integrated solutions in international development, including in monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) and global health. Our goal is to provide innovative solutions that build national capacity and promote sustainability through robust local participation and capacity building, using highly integrated and private sector solutions. Throughout our work, we embrace a virtuous circle of knowledge stewardship, collaborative learning, and application of evidence to heighten and accelerate positive health and development outcomes.
Panagora Group seeks an experienced communications specialist for the anticipated five (5)-year USAID/Nepal Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Activity. The MEL Activity will provide USAID/Nepal with technical and advisory services for: monitoring; evaluations; research, assessments, and data analysis; geographic information services (GIS); and collaborating, learning, and adapting (CLA) activities.
This is a long-term position based in Kathmandu, Nepal expected to start in Fall 2021.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that a strategic approach to knowledge sharing and communications strategy is integrated in the MEL capacity building plan
- Train and support country-level performance monitoring staff in knowledge management and communications
- Support technical teams in developing a variety of knowledge products associated with supporting USAID/Nepal’s CLA initiatives
- Help design, develop, and facilitate effective collaboration opportunities between and among USAID/Nepal, USAID-funded implementing partners, and other stakeholders
- Compile and finalize reports and format content for learning and dissemination events
- Work with the training and capacity building team to identify, strengthen, and add value to existing communication and knowledge management practices and processes in support of USAID/Nepal
- A bachelor’s degree in communications, knowledge management, international development, or related field
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience in communications; experience working in international development, and/or USAID-funded projects strongly preferred
- Proven organizational and management skills, ability to work independently and in teams in a multi-cultural context
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and juggle numerous projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated good judgment, possesses sensitivity and understanding of how messaging impacts diverse audiences
- Excellent computer skills in a range of software, including: MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Adobe Creative Suite, and graphics programs
- Proven ability to organize, summarize, and rewrite technical information for non-expert audiences
- Experience with facilitating workshops and trainings in communication skills.
- Familiarity with social media
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English and Nepali, written and spoken
- Must be authorized to work in Nepal
Reports to: Deputy Chief of Party
To Apply: Fill out the online application. Please include a cover letter and resume. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
No telephone inquiries, please. Only finalists will be contacted. Only applicants who include the required application components will be considered.
Panagora Group is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
*Note: Panagora does not offer visa sponsorship at this time.