To develop teachers and local education/school authority’s capacity on Braille to increase educational access of children with hearing impairment into formal education.
Skills, qualifications and experience
- At least secondary level education (10+2) in social science/ Education/ Management or other relevant field of study and at least a year of experience either in teaching or in teaching on braille
- Knowledge and experience in working both at grassroots level
- Willingness to share his/her skills with colleagues in a professional but sensitive manner
- Previous experiences of working in the field of disability and inclusion
- Able to frequently travel
- Able to accommodate in diverse socio-economic, and multicultural context
- Experience of working with/as volunteer.
- Ability to understand and speak local language of the district/community.
Competencies and Behavior
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
- Ability to be open minded and respectful
- Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
- Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
- Ability to seek and share knowledge
- VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
In country funded allowances (living allowances)- yes, as per VSO Nepal policy.
Accommodation allowance- yes, as per VSO Nepal policy.
As a VSO volunteer you will work on an ad hoc basis, performing activities for VSO / your community during your free time. Expenses you incur while volunteering for VSO are reimbursed (be more specific if applicable).
If you are not able to work from your own home, VSO will provide basic accommodation (including utilities).
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
To submit your application, click on ‘Make an application’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.