World Health Organization
Position: Field Coordinator (PEN)
CONTRACT TYPE : Special Service Agreement (SSA)
APPLICATION DEADLINE : 17 October 2019
DURATION OF CONTRACT : 6 months with possibility of extension
UNIT/OFFICE : Health System Strengthening Unit (HSS)
DUTY STATION : Kathmandu
Salary : Lump sum package of approximately NPR 196,102.00 per month (Taxable)
The World Health Organization (WHO), Nepal invites applications from qualified and experienced candidates to fulfil the position of Field Coordinator (PEN).
Purpose of the Position:
Ministry of Health and Population is scaling up Package of Essential Noncommunicable (PEN) Diseases for early detection and management of NCDs, nationwide in a phase wise manner and moving towards People Cantered PEN approach. Addressing the NCD burden requires a PHC focus providing people-centric, comprehensive, integrated and equitable care built on the principles of primary health care.
The specific objective of this SSA contract is to provide technical and coordination support at the provincial and local level to build capacity of Medical Officers and Primary Health Care workers for PEN integration in the primary health care services.
The SSA will support the government to conduct MToT (Masters Training of Trainers) and district level training, monitor PEN implementation as appropriate in the districts, provide supervision as appropriate, liase with provincial and local government to ensure uninterrupted supply of medicines and diagnostics for PEN and document lessons learnt.
The SSA will also facilitate meetings, workshops at the provincial and local level during planning and budgeting period and also facilitate joint annual reviews, monitoring and evaluation.
Summary of assigned duties:
Under the overall guidance of the WHO Public Health Administrator and the direct supervision of the National Professional Officer (NCD), the incumbent will perform the following specific tasks for PEN implementation and scale up from Jan 2020 to Dec 2020.
1. Capacity Development of the government and partners at provincial and local level
• Provide technical support to Epidemiology and Disease Control Division (EDCD) and provincial government to conduct MTOT on PEN.
• Provide technical support to EDCD and provincial government to conduct district level training • Monitoring of Health facilities for PEN implementation.
• Document existing strengths, gaps, barriers and opportunities that may contribute to successful PEN implementation.
2. Program support and Multi stakeholder engagement
• Provide support to organize provincial and district level multi stakeholders meetings/workshop for orientation and advocacy on NCDs and mental health.
• Facilitate the planning process, development of framework for People Centered PEN services including monitoring and supervision, Joint Annual Reviews and support to conduct timely.
• Liase with central, provincial and local government to ensure year-round supply of NCD and mental health related core medicines and supplies.
3. Documentation of PEN and mental health program
• Assist timely recording and reporting of PEN services from the health facilities to routine health information system.
• Prepare quarterly monitoring reports.
• Document the lessons learnt from PEN and mental health program implementation at provincial level for effective scale up.
2. Respective and promoting individual and cultural differences
4. Producing Results
Functional Knowledge and Skills
• Strong program management, organization and coordination skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, tact, discretion and diplomacy.
• Ability to effectively work with government, development partners and collaborating agencies.
Scope of Work:
• Work closely with Director EDCD, NCD and mental health focal point EDCD, NCD and Mental Health Technical Focal point of WHO.
• Work closely with the provincial and local government to priorities PEN and mental health activities in their Annual Workplan budget.
Essential: University Degree in Medicine.
Experience: Essential: At least 2 years of experience in PEN implementation at field level.
Desirable: MTOT received from WHO Nepal on PEN will be an asset.
• Work is performed in normal working environment.
• Proficiency in the use of modern office software packages such as MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.) and standard office equipment.
• Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
• A written test/interview may be used as a form of screening
Last date to apply: 17 October 2019
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates meeting above requirements should apply to the WHO Representative to Nepal, Attn: Administrative Officer, Pulchowk, Kathmandu, NOT LATER THAN 17 October 2019 by email to [email protected] with subject line “Application for the position of Field Coordinator (PEN) WCO/2019/SSA/HSS/05”. Please submit an application along with the WHO Personal History Form (PHF). The PHF can be downloaded from website:
No telephone enquires please.
– Only short listed applicants will be contacted for test/interview etc.
– Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply
“WHO is committed to workforce diversity” “
Application from qualified female candidates particularly from disadvantaged and socially excluded groups are strongly encouraged”
WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not re
Source: Himalayan Times, 2 October 2019