HR Assistant – (2004401)
Grade: No grade
Contractual Arrangement: Special Services Agreement (SSA)
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): 1 Year and 1 month
: Nov 10, 2020, 5:21:07 AM
: Nov 17, 2020, 10:59:00 PM
: SE_NEP WR Office, Nepal
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.
Terms of Reference- HR Assistant (SSA contract)
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
This position will be responsible to carry out human resource management functions for the WHE Programme coordinating and delivering a full range of HR support services in order to ensure accurate implementation of WHO policies and procedures and facilitate the effective functioning of a client-focused and strategy-oriented HR services.
SUMMARY OF ASSIGNED DUTIES
Under the overall guidance of the WHO Representative (WR) and Team Lead (WHE) direct supervision of the NPO (EPO), the incumbent as HR Assistant will provide HR functional support offline and online to the WHE Programme by performing the following duties:
- Draft Correspondences relating to HR matters.
- Prepare draft PD, ToR, VN, and other related documents.
- Assist in HR selection process relating to screening of resumes, contacting candidates, prepare candidates review tables etc.
- Assist the Selection Committee for the recruitment process of FT/TA/SSA/Consultant in arranging the Committee Meetings, written tests and interviews, preparing and compiling selection documentations.
- Assist in verifying completeness and accuracy of personal documents submitted by the selected candidates.
- Maintain and update proper records related to staff, contracts, consultants etc;
- Maintain confidentiality of selection related documentation when under as well as recruitment decisions;
- Assist in processing of WHO internship programme for WHE;
- Assist in processing necessary documents relating to UN Traineeship Programme who are attached with the WHE.
- Schedule meetings, interviews, HR events and maintain agenda for smooth IMS operations.
- Assist with staff for making arrangement of entry medical examinations plus monitoring the medical examination dates of the SSA holders.
- Assist in the staff contract extensions offline and online in line with the relevant HR policy and procedures.
- Assist the staff members, SSA holders relating to HR matters.
- To maintain confidentiality and safekeeping of personnel files for all SSA holders.
- Take actions to assist staff/dependents in medical emergencies/hospitalization in consultation with HR, WR Office.
- Assist in raising IPOs for recruitment of SSA/Consultants.
- Monitor Achievement reports of all SSA holders.
- Maintain proper leave records of all SSA holders.
- Assist HR focal point, WR office in handling staff grievances and conflict.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
FUNCTIONAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Thorough knowledge of WHO HR Rules, Regulations and procedures and GSM usage in HR Modules.
- Ability to draft reports/correspondence concisely and clearly, etc.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships
- Technical expertise; overall attitude at work are also required.
- An analytical mind with a methodical approach, and the ability to work under pressure;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively with a range of stakeholders;
Completion of secondary school
University degree in Management; specialized training in the subjects related to Human resource management is an asset.
At least 5 years’ experience of working in the field of Human Resource Management and Administration.
Relevant working experience with WHO and/or other UN agencies would be an asset
Ability to communicate proficiently in English (oral and written) and national languages;
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Application suite and modern office software packages such as MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.) and standard office equipment;
HOW TO APPLY: