The Project coordinator has been assigned for the overall implementation of the “Working Together for Suicide Prevention” project in Pokhara Metropolitan City, Kaski and Sundarbazar Municipality, Lamjung. The specific duties and responsibilities are mentioned below:
Major duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the overall project planning and execution.
- Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan
- Monitor and support the project intervention at community level.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement
- Maintain data and information generated by the project.
- Develop fruitful relationships among the project staff members for the implementation of project activities in smooth manner.
Advocacy and Lobby:
- Work & support with local government, disabled people organization and other likeminded organization for suicide prevention initiatives
- Develop and implement advocacy strategy and planning for suicide prevention action jointly with local government, health workers and other likeminded organization
- Advocacy with local government for integration of mental health and suicide prevention in their local government policy, plan and budget
- Work with provincial or local level media on DE-stigmatization and sensitization on mental health and suicide prevention
- Map the mental health and counseling services within and nearby project location.
- Coordinate, organize and facilitate meetings / workshops / Interactions and carry out follow ups to trace the outcomes.
Communication and Documentation:
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress
- Support to produce IEC materials for sensitization and awareness campaign
- Collect the stories, write up and share to organization and like minded stakeholders
- Communicate & linkages among related stakeholders to accelerate avenue and synergy for the cause
- Document and share the good practices and learning of the project
- Follow up of the commitments from local level stakeholders
- Prepare and submit periodic and event reports before deadline
- Can represent KOSHISH in different platforms independently
Capacity building and team mobilization
- Develop/design, and contribute to build the skills and knowledge of project team, sub-ordinate
- Support subordinate to execute project intervention
- Supporting the admin and finance department as a part of core responsibility
- Coordinate with all the team members and ensure good team spirit
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor
- Maintain the positive relationship with all the relevant stakeholders
Expected educational background and qualities
- A minimum of Masters degree in public health / social science/any other relevant subjects
- Knowledge of Mental health, Psychosocial issues, Social Inclusion, Disability, Social Development, would be added benefits
- A minimum of 5 years experience in similar position or working in government/non-governmental organizations
- Ability to develop the plan and able to ensure it through the team in the given time-line
- Other essential qualities
- Analytical, dynamic, smart, motivational and positive
- Demonstrate ability to compile and synthesize data and prepare reports
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate on all levels within internal and external groups
- Ability to work independently and represent the organization
- Diplomatic and an effective communicator at all level
- Excellent written and spoken Nepali and English with quality documentation skills
- Computers: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet.
- Believe in Team work, flexible and creative
- Always ready to travel to the field whenever work demands
- Open to learning and improvement to growth
Interested candidate meeting all requirements can submit a letter of Interest and curriculum vitae via email in [email protected]. All candidates who are applying to this position are requested to mark clearly in subject line as application for the position of Project Coordinator. KOSHISH reserves the rights to accept or to reject any or all applications without assigning any reason whatsoever. The deadline for application submission 21st July, 2021. Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
Tenure of Job: From August to December in the initial stage. It may renew further based upon the overall performance.