Terms of Reference
Endline Survey of School-Based Diabetes Program
Project Period: 1st September 2017 to 30th Aug. 2019
Application Deadline: 10th Sept. 2019, Assignment to Complete: 15th Nov. 2019
Background to the evaluation
HPF is a non-religions, non-political social development organisation based in Copenhagen, Denmark. It works on education and local income generation in Nepal and Kenya. In Nepal, HPF is active as an INGOs since 2017 implementing program related to education and local income generation. HPF works in partnership with the School Management Committees to implement is program.
School Based Diabetes Prevention (SBDP): HPF started School Based Diabetes Prevention (SBDP) in from September 2017 with the aim of “promoting primary prevention and awareness of diabetes through a school and community intervention in Taplejung district. This project reached out to 20 SMCs as implementing partner and ended by 1st of Sept. 2019. This project has been funded by the World Diabetes Foundation (WDF), Denmark and has following objectives:
The project aim is to promote primary prevention and awareness of diabetes through the school and community intervention in Taplejung.
- To educate school children in diabetes, diabetes prevention, and nutritious cooking.
- To create awareness of diabetes among the general population and secure sustainability of the project through advocacy.
- To strengthen the health posts and district hospital with equipment for screening, testing and treatment of diabetes.
Major activities implemented:
- Teacher training on prevention of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus (T2DM)
- Students / youth training in prevention of T2DM
- Health-post strengthened to provide T2DM care and prevention
- Conduction of community awareness activities
- Health workers training in T2DM care and prevention.
- Parents awareness in prevention of T2DM
- Monthly based radio broadcast about awareness of T2DM
- Establishment of kitchen with cooking materials at school.
- Establishment of vegetable gardens
- Weekly based cooking classes conduction at school.
Through these activities, the project has reached out to over 7000 school children relating to 20 public schools.
Timing and Deliverables
Overall time frame for this evaluation shall be 15th September to 15th Nov. 2019 with the following specific time frame and deadlines for specific type of work:
|2nd week of Sept. 2019||Pre meeting and terms and conditions of contract set|
Contract for Evaluation between HPF and Evaluator signed.
Orientation on HPF, its work, projects and program
|3rd week of Sept. 2019||Document Review and associated clarification completed. Methodology/tools defined/refined||4|
|3rd week of Oct. 2019||Field visit and data collection completed||16|
|1st week of Nov. 2019||First draft of the evaluation report written, and shared with HPF for comments/feedback||5|
|2nd week of Nov. 2019||Final Report submitted to HPF after incorporating feedback from HPF||3|
|Total working days||30|
Final report of the assignment should be handed over to HPF, in PDF version, by the 15th Nov. 2019
Please CLICK HERE for detail TOR
Interested candidates are requested to send their Application in a given address before 10th September 2019.
Address to send the Application:
Human Practice Foundation (HPF) Nepal
Maharajgunj, Kathmandu, Nepal
Tel: +977 1 4420328
Selected candidates may be contacted via telephone or email for further clarification, thereby to finalize the assignment.
Please note the application procedure mentioned above and apply accordingly.